Best cover versions

Not a cover version (as far as I know) but just wait 'til you experience Leonard Nimoy singing 'The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins'. YouTube is your friend....

Ye gods!!

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• 2 months later...

Check out this version of California Dreamin' by the first lady of British jazz, Clare Teal.

Clare is an excellent Jazz singer, and a Yorkshire lass to boot, but does far too much Dinner Jazz, bordering on Musak, for my liking. This cover of California Dreamin' is a good measure of the original interpretations she could do if she stopped trying to be Ella Fitzgerald.

• 1 year later...

the disturbed, the sound of silence, a brilliant version stick with it to the end it just gets better

Edited by my missus
  • Thanks 1

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

One of my favourite cover versions is Walk On By by the Stranglers.

:biggrin:

I used to set a music quiz in my local a few years back. One night I told the gathered participants that I was going to play two versions of the same song and wanted to know who the artists were. I hinted that they might find it difficult as both versions were very similar. I then played about a minute of Dionne Warwick's version followed by about a minute of the Stranglers' cover.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I was listening to Melanie's version of Ruby Tuesday last night, better than the original IMO.  Also the Beatles version of "Words of Love" is IMO superior to the Buddy Holly original.  Worst cover version I've ever heard is the Carpenters' version of Please Mr Postman.  Sung pat, and totally without the passion both the Beatles and the Marvelettes put into it.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...