Best cover versions

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm sorry but that doesn't do anything for me, on the other hand the Dionne Warwick version is a thing of beauty. 

Yes but ms warwick's version isn't a cover version. So Phil's call is a fair one.

Dionne Warwick's interpretation of the song is peerless. What a beautiful song.

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Creedence didn't do many covers, mainly because their own stuff was brilliant, but their version of " The Midnight Special " is really great. 

You're not wrong. I got the first album and "Willy and the Poor Boys" for Christmas 1971. I'd already got Cosmo's Factory the Christmas before.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

32 minutes ago, Ullman said:

You're not wrong. I got the first album and "Willy and the Poor Boys" for Christmas 1971. I'd already got Cosmo's Factory the Christmas before.

Fantastic band. I've got loads of their stuff. John fogerty's solo stuff is hot as well

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Fantastic band. I've got loads of their stuff. John fogerty's solo stuff is hot as well

It certainly is. I think his first solo album sounds like the one Creedence should have released after Pendulum.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 12/12/2017 at 8:01 PM, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm sorry but that doesn't do anything for me, on the other hand the Dionne Warwick version is a thing of beauty. 

Agreed.

They should have been lined up and humiliated to death for that sheet.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Miley Cyrus is symblolic of what is wrong with 21st century pop music.

Someone who studies music would be able to describe what it is. To me it all sounds like it was written and produced by the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Mister Ting said:

Miley Cyrus is symblolic of what is wrong with 21st century pop music.

Someone who studies music would be able to describe what it is. To me it all sounds like it was written and produced by the same thing.

I saw Miley Cyrus in a Woody Allen series he made for Amazon, and was slightly taken aback. What I've heard of her records is shrill and irritating, but her speaking voice is very different, and her acting was actually pretty good.

Her dad, however, was bad at music (Achy Breaky Heart)  and acting (Radical Jack), so Miley's one-nil up in the family talent stakes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I saw Miley Cyrus in a Woody Allen series he made for Amazon, and was slightly taken aback. What I've heard of her records is shrill and irritating, but her speaking voice is very different, and her acting was actually pretty good.

Her dad, however, was bad at music (Achy Breaky Heart)  and acting (Radical Jack), so Miley's one-nil up in the family talent stakes.

I didn't realise that is her Dad. Anyone called Billy Ray should jump off the Tallahatchie bridge for a living.

Miley is a victim of modern music.

On 12/18/2017 at 9:27 PM, Mister Ting said:

I didn't realise that is her Dad. Anyone called Billy Ray should jump off the Tallahatchie bridge for a living.

Miley is a victim of modern music.

I think Miley is great, and this cover(featuring Melanie Safka herself) is well worth a listen.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Fabulous original....Fabulous cover

What happened to punk changing everything?

It's a bloody hippy song.

You'll be telling me they did a Paul and Barry Ryan number next.:tongue:

Edited by Tongs ya bas

I could make my mind up as I trawled through all the great versions of this one when I thought of it on another thread but this one is certainly my top one now;

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political