Best cover versions

On 10/21/2018 at 9:21 PM, Futtocks said:

Beat me too it... know the boys well and saw em loads back in the day. Snuff banged out loads 0f quality covers.

Nothing Rhymed by Gilbert O'Sullivan covered by John McCarthy.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

48 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

This cover of Stevie Wonder's Superstition by SRV is up there for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-yFGJngPs

I always enjoyed the official video for that song. They had some fun with the omens and portents, plus the reveal at the end.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think these girls are playing along to some GuitarHero type video game called Rocksmith,  but unlike G-Hero, this one needs real instruments. The little girl nails the Chris Squire bass part which is pretty advanced. I've seen their version of a Slayer song and the little girl does the vocals too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A cover of one of my favourite Dylan tracks Hurricane. This is by RocKwiz Orkestra, an Oz band and TV show. The two sisters on backing vocals are Vika and Linda Bull who are I believe are of Tongan heritage. All are talented musicians, the violinist is amazing.

• Like 3

There's a great live performance of that song on YouTube off a black and white old American tv show, I think the Ed Sullivan show. The camera studiously avoids Hilton Valentine on guitar once they realise he's obviously stoned.

I saw them do this live the week before it came it in 1964, they were backing Chuck Berry on tour in Manchester. It was obviously a show stopper even just off one hearing.

" Frijid Pink " do a good version, so that's a cover of a cover.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...