Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salford City Reds truck spotted on the M5 near Gloucester this afternoon. And yet again the Widnes truck. Can't remember if it was the M5, M42 or M1.

I reckon O'connor has had a few more Widnes trucks done, as it's the one I've seen most. :dry:

Finally saw one yesterday after about 2000 miles of motorway driving. This one (Widnes) was on A3095 in Bracknell.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Hull FC crawling through the traffic on the North Circular (London btw) yesterday. Just by the Ikea.

That's good. If it was crawling then lots of people will have seen it, some of them for a very long look!

Seen Wigan on A19, Cas on A66, Leeds on M74, FC on A1. Saw Broncos as well but can't remember where.

Week before last I saw Catalan and Leeds both around Sheffield/Rotherham on the same day they were playing on Sky. Which was nice and neat.

Saw Bulls one at Odsal, but Big Chief I Spy says that doesn't count.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a good week of sleddie spotting for me. Seen Widnes twice on the M56 & M6, Hull KR twice on the M62 and Catalans hurtling up the M74 at Crawford. The latter also had "Magic Weekend" all over the back - which was nice...

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

• 3 weeks later...

Bedfordshire is something of a hotspot for seeing the branded lorries. Driving south along the M1 today and saw the Widnes one coming along in the opposite direction on the Northants/Beds border. A short time later I saw the Leeds trailer on its way between Luton and Milton Keynes.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Anyone spotted the complete set yet?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Had high hopes of spotting one on the drive from Hemel to Huddersfield (via Leamington) this weekend and we finally saw one just before J2 of the M69 around 12:30 today - it was one of the Hull FC lorries.

I popped my Stobart cherry last night!

On our way back to Leeds after the York v Swinton game, we saw the Sam Tomkins truck on the a64 pulling into Murton lorry park at the Livestock center.

:biggrin:

I can only imagine your excitement. That puts us level Gav.

Best sleddie haul so far for me over the last 2 days: Widnes going south at Longforgan, Dundee; Cas just outside Glasgow; Rovers going north at Gretna; Catalan at Dumfries and Wakefield just north of Carnforth. The last four seen today on the long drive home from Dundee.

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

I saw four on Monday on a trip from Sheffield to Bristol and back, all were in the West Midlands and Gloucestershire area. Didnt see one on Tuesday (Sheffield to Coventry), Wednesday (Leeds and Northampton) or today (Bradford and Hull).

Archived