Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw my first today - overtook a Huddersfield one on the M60 between the Eccles and Swinton interchanges.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

Minutes after 6.30am this morning, just before Birch services j18 M62, Bradford lorry. Hat-trick of sightings. Just after Birch services less than a minute later, Salford lorry. 3-4 minutes after that still on the M62, Widnes lorry. All were heading east on the opposite carraige way.

A bumper day so far. At least Bradford have gone top of one league this year.

I travel thirty miles a day between Brussels and Leuven (by train) and have not yet seen a single one. A farce and proves the RFL should have taken the Betfair money on offer.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I travel thirty miles a day between Brussels and Leuven (by train) and have not yet seen a single one. A farce and proves the RFL should have taken the Betfair money on offer.

I used to drive from The Hague to Brussels everyday in 2002 and in 9 months of doing that I never saw one either. Farce isn't the word.

Saw my first today - overtook a Huddersfield one on the M60 between the Eccles and Swinton interchanges.

This shows that these lorries are being driven deliberately slowly to put Super League in a bad light.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This shows that these lorries are being driven deliberately slowly to put Super League in a bad light.

They've clearly overcompensated in response to accusations that the lorries were going the wrong way before. Typical Red Hall farce.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Saw my first one on Friday. It was a Catalans one, on the M4 just by J17 at Chippenham.

I saw the Catalans one again on the M4 this lunchtime.

From this I conclude that there is only one of these trucks, it's a Catalans one, it's parked up on the M4 near Chippenham, and the game is dying.

Typical Red Hall farce.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Yes it is a farce this deal is a farce its a get out of jail card by the RFL and as for the rubbish of freeing up other sponsorships the space has already been sold to Elonex who will somehow have to make a profit.

Anyway the real test will come when the RFL have to find a new CC sponsor i would further point out that the 2 persons in the RFL marketing dept who brokered this deal have since left.

What space has been sold to Elonex? As far as I'm aware that is a standard advertising board deal which is pretty normal and we have had in the past (just without electronic boards).

Are Elonex now the Official Drink of Sl?

Are Elonex also known as Heinz and now an associate sponsor including shirt sleeves?

We have seen this weekend that the post pads and corner flags etc are not Stobart branded. Now these may be getting branded, but I suspect that they are now for sale.

In the NRL there are loads of sponsors, and the pitch and accessories are not simply covered in Telstra branding, like we were with engage.

Archived