The TV Thread

Does anyone watch any of those American programmes on Discovery and/or Nat Geo that are basically people going about their jobs?

There's cake making, pawn shop, car tuning/ruining, building custom bikes, making guns, tuna fishing, other fishing, driving a truck, lumber jacks, going to storage, antiques and somehow they all end up the same show.

Does anyone watch any of those American programmes on Discovery and/or Nat Geo that are basically people going about their jobs?

There's cake making, pawn shop, car tuning/ruining, building custom bikes, making guns, tuna fishing, other fishing, driving a truck, lumber jacks, going to storage, antiques and somehow they all end up the same show.

New series of Wheeler Dealers started this week.

:)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Or preparing for Doomsday

Moonshiners was a good one.

Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Restoration Man, American Pickers, Cajan Pawn Stars, Swamp People, Axmen, Ice Road Truckers, Gold Rush.... I get to watch them all at work...Bangla Bangers was a fave from a while ago.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Such variety. Look at the Food Network. They seem to have only two varieties of show.

1. People making cupcakes.

2. People going to diners and eating unreasonably large portions of junk food, while making fake gang signs with their fingers and overusing the word 'awesome'.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Or preparing for Doomsday

That's different, I watched the first two episodes of Doomsday Preppers, it's amusing. Paranoid Americans stock-piling a decades' worth of food and guns.

I just have one question for them; they're preparing for "what if", well what if "what if" never happens?

Still, funny old world.

• 1 month later...

Finaly watched both series of Game Of Thrones, very impressive, good story, northerners, bad guys, good guys, guys who are bad and good, blood, gore, humour and sex. All boxes ticked!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Finaly watched both series of Game Of Thrones, very impressive, good story, northerners, bad guys, good guys, guys who are bad and good, blood, gore, humour and sex. All boxes ticked!

And Wilko Johnson.

The next series can only live up to the last one if John Cooper Clarke and Karl Harrison are in it.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

So many people have told me to get into Game of Thrones, but I just don't get it myself. Watched the first two or three episodes a few times in a vein attempt to get into it, but to no avail. Shame as I do want to like it (it looks superb on Blu Ray), but just one of those things I guess.

My current obsession is Breaking Bad. No spoilers please, but just finished Season 3 and I thought the last two episodes were some of the best tv I have ever seen. Getting Season 4 at the weekend and am quite excited.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Have you only got the one telly?

I've got three. My daughter's house has five!

Yep just the one. I only have the one pair of eyes. ;)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• 1 month later...

I'm sure there are a fair few on here that would have enjoyed Speed Dreams: The Fastest Place on Earth, last night on BBC2.

It follows six British teams and their speed record attempts, five on bikes, one in a car. A lot of footage of hairy blokes in sheds, tinkering with a pretty wide range of machinery.

The first episode ended with them arriving at the Bonneville Salt Flats, so next week we'll see whether they succeed or fail.

p013blwj.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson