The TV Thread

It was a straight drama back then, filmed on the mean streets of Rochdale.

Showing how in touch I am I thought it still was until I read the wiki page.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Looking forward to the French series "The Returned" coming up on Channel 4.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Game of Thrones... wow...but but...just wow....

Superb episode.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Game of Thrones... wow...but but...just wow....

Superb episode.

I've been waiting for that episode for a while to see my fiancée's reaction to events but she accidentally saw a spoiler online.

Fides invicta triumphat

I thought it was really good - well worth a watch. Saw our apartments and the view we have is very similar to that shown quite a few times from Castle Hill - only, thank goodness, we're lower down so I don't have to tackle the steep hill every day

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

and nice people now I'm here ;)

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I thought it was really good - well worth a watch. Saw our apartments and the view we have is very similar to that shown quite a few times from Castle Hill - only, thank goodness, we're lower down so I don't have to tackle the steep hill every day

Good, positive coverage of RL, too, with an (unbiased) explanation of how the game came about, plus Big Eorl explaining some of the history, and Nick Crane getting smashed (in slow motion) by Giants players. The 'facts' Crane used about the game - numbers of supporters worldwide, number of players, how big it is in Australia etc - were all positive. Shows what you get if someone with no axe to grind features the sport.

The whole porgramme made me quite sympathetic towards Huddersfield, which I never thought would be possible!

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Excellent programmes, especially Giants bit. Look out for AMH!

If you ever wanted confirmation of your suspicion that the BBC is hopelessly overstaffed, you only had to watch the Queen's visit to Broadcasting House this morning. When you see the thousands there and think that are probably at least the same number at Salford, it's amazing how it can still manage to turn out news presenters without any obvious character or personality.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

If you ever wanted confirmation of your suspicion that the BBC is hopelessly overstaffed, you only had to watch the Queen's visit to Broadcasting House this morning. When you see the thousands there and think that are probably at least the same number at Salford, it's amazing how it can still manage to turn out news presenters without any obvious character or personality.

The output from the BBC on a daily basis is huge, I would imagine it would require an army of staff to do that.

Back on topic, saw the first in the present series of Case Histories last night. Great stuff from the BBC. Also have recently subscribed to Netflix on the basis that they have new seasons of House of Cards and Arrested Development. Really impressed with the software (I watch it via an Apple tv) and the range of tv series and movies they have available.

Fides invicta triumphat

I also got Netflix recently and have to agree – I watch it mainly through the Xbox and is quite impressive. In honesty I did sign up when it first launched in the UK and thought the selection was a bit poor, but Arrested Development brought me back and it has impressed me enough to stick around for a little while longer this time.

(BTW Sev, are you aware how easy it is to access the US Netflix, even on Apple TV? A much bigger choice and Netflix don’t seem too bothered if you do it as you are still paying them an amount of money to access their product. Won’t post the details here – maybe already posted too much…! I’m sure you are clever enough to work out how to find them if you want to though).

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

(BTW Sev, are you aware how easy it is to access the US Netflix, even on Apple TV? A much bigger choice and Netflix don’t seem too bothered if you do it as you are still paying them an amount of money to access their product. Won’t post the details here – maybe already posted too much…! I’m sure you are clever enough to work out how to find them if you want to though).

Don't know what you are talking about *innocent face* :rolleyes:

Fides invicta triumphat

Don't know what you are talking about *innocent face* :rolleyes:

Fair enough :D

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I'm finally getting around to Breaking Bad.  Watched the first series over the weekend.  Unfortunately, I have to work today or I'd be on the 2nd series already.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Watching the Bollywood versikn of Carmen on BBC 3 live from Bradford. Pretty good I reckon.

I knew it must have been good cos that league fan on twitter who rages about *everything* to do with Bradford hated it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

We watched quite a bit of it, admittedly between looking around for other things to watch. It looked very good and we commentated that it was strange that we hadn't heard or read anything from people in Bradford on here, twitter etc