The TV Thread

"I'm avin a lat-tay". What a lovely kid. Was chuffed when he got voted onto that student council thing.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

"Creepy dick" - bit harsh mate. I know what you mean though, he's older than his years

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Finished the first series of Bates Motel earlier this week.  Very good and far better than I thought it would be.  Brilliant casting as well for it with the young Norman Bates picking up Anthony Perkins' traits in the movie perfectly

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Is that a for or against? ;-)

It's the closest they could get to England in the 1920's.

:(

Having said that, we've still kept most of our beautiful old sandstone buildings. Fortunately the council planning department is lazy as well as useless and never got round to okaying the demolition of all the buildings that it wanted to be replaced by pre-cast concrete junk and corrugated tin sheds.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

It's the closest they could get to England in the 1920's.

:(

Having said that, we've still kept most of our beautiful old sandstone buildings. Fortunately the council planning department is lazy as well as useless and never got round to okaying the demolition of all the buildings that it wanted to be replaced by pre-cast concrete junk and corrugated tin sheds.

No, but because of the timidity of private sector property developers there's an enormous hole in the city centre.

No, but because of the timidity of private sector property developers there's an enormous hole in the city centre.

The developer, Westgate, bought the site from the council for £50million cash and about forty shops and businesses shut down  (my estimate). When the downturn came, it offered to sell the site back. The council didn't have the money.

However, the council has found £24million to build a set of fountains in the city centre.

The council reportedly got £50million cash from the sale of Leeds Bradford Airport. As far as I am aware, there's been no official statement on where that's gone.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I rather enjoyed 'The Wipers Times' on BBC2 last night... although I'm a little reluctant to mention it on TRL, as it will no doubt generate 10 pages of opinions about the class system in the early 20th century. ;) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoying Peaky Blinders.

It's pretty good, although without Cillian Murphy's charisma, I wonder whether it would work as well.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

When Afghan President Hamid Karzai has an evening off, he likes to watch this programme.

Try to guess what it is before you click the link.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

What am I supposed to watch now! I quite like Bates Motel (first 3 eps) but my girlfriend is draining about it "I can't look" all that rubbish >.>

Bates Motel gets better as it goes.  Lots of the things you think are weird as they go are explained quite well with "oh right, I get it now!" type moments near the end of the season.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Watched The Ginge The Geordie and The Geek last night and thought it was hilarious, worth it for the ventriloquist sketch alone.

we watched it as an alternative to country file which now just seems to be a spin off of blue peter, er well, it was watchable in parts, hilarious? no, the riding brooms ripped from monty python, imagine it will be same sketch characters every week wearing thin quickly, its no fast show

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

What am I supposed to watch now! 

Don't worry! 'Birds of a Feather' is returning soon. :bad: 

Ralph Waldo Emerson