The TV Thread

Watching Hemlock Grove on Netflix. Very strange Steven King type weirdness and I still haven't got a clue what's going on after 10 episodes. Strangely compelling though.

Also I'm late to this but the Kevin Spacey version of House of Cards is excellent.

Edited by Severus

Fides invicta triumphat

Just finished watching The Honourable Woman. Eight episodes, first three were okay, last five were woeful but I held on in the hope of it turning itself around.

I won't get that time back.

Thanks for that.  I have them all saved on iplayer and was half dreading watching them.

I have been pleasantly surprised by 'Our Zoo'. I thought it might be maudlin 

it's helped by a strong cast including Anne Reid and Liz White(sigh)

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

As if that tasty bird would fancy the slap head. Ludicrous

Not just the slap head, but the nerdy toy shop owner

and Zoe is simply irreplaceable 

Keeping it local

Documentary about Rory Callagher on Sky Arts tonight at 10.30. Should be worth a gander

I've seen it. It's pretty interesting. I enjoyed finding out about his show band days.

You find out extremely little about his life. It seems almost like he played guitar 24/7

Keeping it local

I watched "Only Connect" for the first time ever today. The show itself was even more tedious than Brain of Britain used to be on R4 but it was strangely hypnotic watching the weirdo contestants.

Hmm, you seem to have overlooked the programmes best Bit(s). :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Watched Cilla with Sheridan Smith. I thought it was quite good, the Beatles were well cast.

I thought the dialogue was a bit clunky

"hello you're in the Big three aren't you. Isn't that George Harrison over there?"

to be honest I'm finding it difficult to stop my aversion to MS Black from getting in the way of enjoying the show.

Keeping it local

I watched "Only Connect" for the first time ever today. The show itself was even more tedious than Brain of Britain used to be on R4 but it was strangely hypnotic watching the weirdo contestants.

I love Only Connect.

I noticed, last night, that one question about countries speaking Portugese appeared in Only Connect and University Challenge immediately prior to it.

I love Only Connect.

I noticed, last night, that one question about countries speaking Portugese appeared in Only Connect and University Challenge immediately prior to it.

Yes I noticed that too.

There was also an Eddie Waring reference.  He retired about 35 years ago, and we're still not rid of that image!

The Unicorn is not a Goose,