The TV Thread

'The Detectorists' has had a second series commissioned. :) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Still Game Live.  9pm BBC One Scotland. (Sky Channel 951 for those not in Scotland)

They had me at "it's a shower of ######s at some #### arena".

I really enjoyed the stage version of one of my favourite sitcoms.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Jonny Wilkinson stars in Guinness' new Made of More advertising campaign, but beware, do not watch while eating as I just did while eating my tea when it cropped up in the middle of Guy Martin's Speed.  :bad:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

This year's 'I'm A Celebrity, give me a plate of Kangaroo Testicles' line-up:

Michael Buerk (Newsreader)
Melanie Sykes (Model, TV Presenter)
Jimmy Bullard (Football)
Nadia Forde (?)
Craig Charles (Lister out of off of 'Red Dwarf')
Tinchy Stryder (Musical sidekick to the Chuckle Brothers. Has recorded the odd song on his own, they say)
Carl Fogarty (Superbike World Champion)
Vicki Michelle ('Allo 'Allo... and Panto. Of course Panto.)
Gemma Collins (T.O.W.I.E.)
Kendra Wilkinson (Playboy model and ex-wife of Hugh Hefner)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've seen Tinchy Stryder and I'll never get that hour back. He was on stage with a single other chap who managed to shout "Keep it live!" every couple of minutes whilst playing pre-recorded backing tracks.

I sincerely hope that any kangaroo testicles that Tinchy's asked to eat won't have been washed or cooked first.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Not a bad lineup for IACGMOOH. Not sure if I'll watch it and Packem has got a point. But then again it is good 'guilty pleasure' telly.

If Foggy's doing it, I may have to watch this. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Toast of London is oh so wrong.  It's great.

The pacing of the dialogue is so clunky and plodding, it's like they're waiting for laughter that never arrives.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

BBC4 - Blackfish

Sombre doco on SeaWorld.  What we do to these animals is horrible.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Guilty pleasure TV - I'm a celeb.

OK they are not grade A celebs but they have put some good characters in there.  Foggy is a star.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

BBC4 - Blackfish

Sombre doco on SeaWorld.  What we do to these animals is horrible.

That's been on a couple of times now.  Genuinely shocking.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)