The TV Thread

Jimmy Bullard is going to do well out of IACGMOOH , he seems like quite a likeable individual. The playboy girl also has her charms, a very good sense of humour. Shame that Edwina Curry has been put in there though.

Edited by Severus

Fides invicta triumphat

I must be one of the few people that quite likes Edwina Curry.

Pushy? yes.  Attention-seeking? yes. Compassionate? yes. Principled? yes.

In short, she's a real human being and not the plastic facsimile presented by most politicians.

Mind you, I don't think that I have ever seen a full single  episode of this programme and won't be watching this series either.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I must be one of the few people that quite likes Edwina Curry.

Pushy? yes. Attention-seeking? yes. Compassionate? yes. Principled? yes.

In short, she's a real human being and not the plastic facsimile presented by most politicians.

Mind you, I don't think that I have ever seen a full single episode of this programme and won't be watching this series either.

Compassionate? Seem to recall when she was health minister that she recommended that elderly people who couldn't afford energy bills should wear long Johns.

Principled? She had an affair with a married man.

Fides invicta triumphat

What principles was she adhering to when noshing off John Major?

Not telling tales out of school. Till he did the dirty on her years later; then, like a proper woman, she extracted her revenge.

1.Compassionate? Seem to recall when she was health minister that she recommended that elderly people who couldn't afford energy bills should wear long Johns.

2. Principled? She had an affair with a married man.

1. That is actually commonsense advice. I have seen similar, plus 'stay in bed an extra hour' etc, offered by doctors on daytime telly.

2. He was married too. Her marriage was failing; his wasn't. He probably told her it was.

Compassionate? Seem to recall when she was health minister that she recommended that elderly people who couldn't afford energy bills should wear long Johns.

Principled? She had an affair with a married man.

surely there is nothing unprincipled about having a love affair, married man or not. It's the way of human relationships, 

What was unprincipled was that she and he for that matter were espousing a set of certain bogus values and betraying them. Also she profited what was a private matter in her autobiography and this must have hurt major's wife immeasurably.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I can't stand Edwina Currie. The very worst episode of HIGNFY was when the guests were her and Derek Hatton, who both thought themselves utterly hilarious.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I can't stand Edwina Currie. The very worst episode of HIGNFY was when the guests were her and Derek Hatton, who both thought themselves utterly hilarious.

She's not coming over very well on IACGMOOH. Had a bit of a barney with another contestant and she was very condescending and patronising.

Fides invicta triumphat

She's not coming over very well on IACGMOOH. Had a bit of a barney with another contestant and she was very condescending and patronising.

Horrible woman who has built a career out of being condescending and patronising.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I quite like Winkles. But understandable that she is taking time off.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I saw a bit of it last night, is this a new series of episodes? I was only thinking earlier in the week how I hadn't seen it for a while.

And there is something that I love about Claudia, so to see a new lady in the chair was a let down.

I prefer this one to Claudia

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

How many programmes are you talking about here? And which one (s)?

It was a thread about Film 2014 which was merged into this, the post by l'ang above mine was the opener. And Beford's, which read out of context is an Unintersting Trivial Fact all of it's own.

Okay a couple of contributions from me:

The Fall - Second series withe Gillian Anderson.  It's good edge of the seat stuff.

Finally watched Senna on Blu-Ray, I'm not really a motor racing fanatic but it was good compelling viewing, and quite emotional as well in a week where we've seen Phil Hughes die.

Edited by Larry the Leit

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

Okay a couple of contributions from me:

The Fall - Second series withe Gillian Anderson.  It's good edge of the seat stuff.

Finally watched Senna on Blu-Ray, I'm not really a motor racing fanatic but it was good compelling viewing, and quite emotional as well in a week where we've seen Phil Hughes die.

The Fall is good stuff. Jamie Dornan's character is a real monster.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I still weep at how much I sold my vox ac30 for.....

They were a fabulous sound and sell for zillions now!!! I flogged mine for next to nowt cos I was strapped for cash wi two small kids.

Did anyone see the doc on beeb4 on the story of vox.... loved it. Some classic old clips

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)