The TV Thread

I still weep at how much I sold my vox ac30 for.....

They were a fabulous sound and sell for zillions now!!! I flogged mine for next to nowt cos I was strapped for cash wi two small kids.

Did anyone see the doc on beeb4 on the story of vox.... loved it. Some classic old clips

I just wasted 20 seconds googling that.

Thanks Pal.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

I've been following Sky Portrait Artist of the Year and I feel sorry for this week's contestants.

Obviously, I'm one of those 'I don't know much about art, but I know what I like' types but I thought the standard this week was a whole load higher than in the earlier heats Some really good stuff hasn't made it through to the semi-final.

Even then, I can't understand some of the judges' selections. This week, one of the "best three" was a tapestry that didn't look  even half finished and in an earlier heat the judges admitted that one of that week's "best three" wasn't a particularly good likeness of the sitter.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Can't be bothered with 'sleb anymore since Bullard and Forde got voted off. 

I think the producers really dropped the ball allowing the majority of the strongest characters in the camp being eligible for the first vote off while all the deadwood were immune. It was a shock Bullard went first, I think everyone assumed him being safe so didn’t vote, but people who liked Tinchy knew he was more likely to leave so probably were more likely to vote. It is pretty unusual for the red hot favourite for someone to win a reality show to be eliminated after the first public vote.

Also now Bullard is out, it’s actually exposed it as a pretty weak lineup. Baffled by how the Allo Allo woman is still in there – she’s done nowt. Wish Michael had stayed in a tad longer though.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Thought Bullard blew it with his 'banter', turned a lot against him.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Thought Bullard blew it with his 'banter', turned a lot against him.

Problem is with Bullard is that he would've been used to an environment where banter and general mickey taking is the norm. I don't think he was vicious or nasty in his banter but Jake was simply out of his league. 

Fides invicta triumphat

King Carl is still in 'Sleb' - a proper star. I might actually watch the final, if it doesn't clash with the Track Cycling on the BBC.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The great 1981 adaptation of Day of the Triffids is being repeated on BBC4 at the moment.

Damn! How did I miss spotting this in the listings? Great book, and the BBC had a pretty decent shot at adapting it for the screen.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Damn! How did I miss spotting this in the listings? Great book, and the BBC had a pretty decent shot at adapting it for the screen.

I felt exactly the same way when I saw it was on. Fortunately you can play catch up on the iPlayer.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I felt exactly the same way when I saw it was on. Fortunately you can play catch up on the iPlayer.

...or grab 'em permanently by other means.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just watched Elton John go base over apex (keeping it clean, eh?) in a touching tribute to John Kear when Hull FC won the Challenge Cup.  :biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On BBC Three: Our War: Goodbye Afghanistan. Brilliant perspective from those serving/served, with a lot of video filmed by those on the ground. 

Been out in a quiz match. Wish I'd taped it.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

There's a Spike Milligan documentary tonight on BBC4, followed by the first of two 30-minute 'Q' compilations.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

There's a Spike Milligan documentary tonight on BBC4, followed by the first of two 30-minute 'Q' compilations.

Thanks for that, Sky+ box set. :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."