The TV Thread

Three good, but different-style, finalists in next week's Portrait Artist of the Year.

One of them is from Wigan. She's not my favourite but I think she'll win.

She's young, pretty and delicate-looking, so I'm guessing she's lying about the Wigan bit.

;) ;) :tongue:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Well, there you go then. I best  like the the works by the lady who uses watercolour.

I also wanted the American guy who paints on wax to get to the final.

:)

Edited by Wolford6

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we've had the final work in Sky Portrait Artist of the year ... a commission to paint Alan Cumming for the Scottish National portrait gallery.

I thought it was rubbish.

Shows how much I know.

:biggrin:

Edited by Wolford6

'Stars in their Eyes' returned to our screen last night, for the first time in years. Harry Hill is the new host, and brought a lot of his usual silliness to the show. I rather enjoyed it.

None of the competitors played the dead relative card or spoke of "going on a journey", there wasn't a panel of judges delivering scripted ad-libs - it was just a bit of good-natured entertainment.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'Stars in their Eyes' returned to our screen last night, for the first time in years. Harry Hill is the new host, and brought a lot of his usual silliness to the show. I rather enjoyed it.

None of the competitors played the dead relative card or spoke of "going on a journey", there wasn't a panel of judges delivering scripted ad-libs - it was just a bit of good-natured entertainment.

its getting ripped on twitter.

Always surprised that Hill's silliness has been so popular on mainstream with TV Burp. I like it, silly and lighthearted. Maybe SITE will grow on people.

its getting ripped on twitter.

Always surprised that Hill's silliness has been so popular on mainstream with TV Burp. I like it, silly and lighthearted. Maybe SITE will grow on people.

A lot of the Twitter comments are from people who seem to just hate Harry Hill, whatever he does.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

I rather enjoyed it as well, but more because I'm a Harry Hill fan. I think the people getting uppity about it are - not entirely unfairly - expecting it to be more of a talent show like the original, when in actual fact it's as much of a talent show as Shooting Stars was an actual quiz show.

That said, I actually can't believe it's on mainstream TV on Saturday night, just because of how daft it is.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I rather enjoyed it as well, but more because I'm a Harry Hill fan. I think the people getting uppity about it are - not entirely unfairly - expecting it to be more of a talent show like the original, when in actual fact it's as much of a talent show as Shooting Stars was an actual quiz show.

That said, I actually can't believe it's on mainstream TV on Saturday night, just because of how daft it is.

A lot of the criticism seems to be from people who just don't like Harry Hill, whatever he does. So they were never going to enjoy it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Catastrophe

Channel 4. Really good.

Sharon Horgan.

Catastrophe. Really, really good.

Let's be honest.

Sharon Horgan.

Catastrophe. Really, really hot.

B)

Sharon Horgan, sister of former Ireland RU international Shane 'Shaggy' Horgan.

Yes, it's a day for not very interesting facts!

10pm tonight on BBC4 - a new documentary on Kraftwerk, finishing in time for the Auckland Nines.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cheers for that

That said, I haven't heard much original thought yet from the various interviewees.

Ralph Waldo Emerson