The TV Thread

Belarus state TV ripped off 'The Big Bang Theory' and broadcast several episodes before the cast learned that it was an unauthorised copy and quit. Here's episode 1 (with subtitles) - strangely familiar, but also really terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6PZjEEHOAE#t=363

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Isn't the CB show one long advert for sports that are heavily featured on BT?

I've seen a showreel (link Tweeted by Clare) and there was a mixture - some guests were from BT Sport sports, some weren't. On the other hand, a guy like Cal Crutchlow (MotoGP) probably wouldn't get on a BBC or ITV chat show, so a little cross-promotion isn't always bad.

The first guest on the new series will be, apparently, Tom Daley, the diver. Not sure if BT cover that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Weren't Kevin Sinfield and Rob Burrow on it last year in the run up to the cup final? Don't know in what depth as I didn't see it, but Clare has never been shy about her admiration for RL. Struck me as quite impressive considering BT have no obligation to cover the game.

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Weren't Kevin Sinfield and Rob Burrow on it last year in the run up to the cup final? Don't know in what depth as I didn't see it, but Clare has never been shy about her admiration for RL. Struck me as quite impressive considering BT have no obligation to cover the game.

They don't have rights to live or highlight coverage, so I'd guess Clare had something to do with them being invited. She has an especial admiration for Sinfield, if you remember her final words as a BBC RL presenter (the 2012 Grand Final highlights programme): "The most impressive sportsman I have ever seen".

Ralph Waldo Emerson

ITV's Pop Gold (just starting) is a guitarist special. First up - Free. Very apt, considering.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I caught the 50 most shocking tv moments...or more to the point... The memsahib was watching it whilst I was slurping my tea.

Ooo there was some memory nudging cringeworthy clips on.....

Disaffected privileged princess shafting the monarchy.... hardly the most shocking....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

The back end of the latest season of The Walking Dead has been excellent - some genuinely creepy stuff.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

The back end of the latest season of The Walking Dead has been excellent - some genuinely creepy stuff.

Just caught up last night and I agree with that.  They've one hell of a lot to cover in the last hour of the series this weekend.  Also, it seems like they've ramped up the gore a bit, some definite horror film level scenes.

But, Rick, come on... one sniff of a bit of totty and he goes all caveman.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The gore has definitely gone up a level - I've always found it quite cartoonish on this show, which given it's comic book origins is understandable - but the scene in the revolving door last week was quite graphic by the standards of the show. Can't wait for the last one - the spinoff looks interesting too, although maybe stretching the premise a bit too far?

SQL Honours

Masterchef: hair stylist Alan is wearing a bowler hat in the kitchen and therefore should be given the boot without even getting to cook.

Getting rid of the dross could be so quick and easy, but noooo...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Masterchef: hair stylist Alan is wearing a bowler hat in the kitchen and therefore should be given the boot without even getting to cook.

Getting rid of the dross could be so quick and easy, but noooo...

There was so much sweet potato on the plate i think he used the hat as a mould!

There was so much sweet potato on the plate i think he used the hat as a mould!

Thankfully, he got eighty-sixed at the first hurdle. B) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anyone else watching The Ark on BBC1? It's certainly lit up Twitter! Lots of incredulity that Noah and his family have Mancunian accents. But no one ever bats an eye at biblical figures speaking RP and not aramaic.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Anyone else watching The Ark on BBC1? It's certainly lit up Twitter! Lots of incredulity that Noah and his family have Mancunian accents. But no one ever bats an eye at biblical figures speaking RP and not aramaic.

It's tripe.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Anyway I've found a presidencie for the Mancunian origins of the story of the flood:

Yes it's a Marriott Edgar poem made popular by Stanley Holloway.

Easily my favourite of his monologues.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Inside No. 9 started well last week, but this weeks episode was quite brilliant. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

My cant miss prog at the moment.Simply sublime you never know whats coming.

Sheridan Smith great.

Steve Pemberton loves playing dodgy germans.

Edited by tomdooley

Documentary on ITV4 at 10.00 tonight about Jason Robinson. Has this been on before? And if so, did it mention Rugby League?

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left