The TV Thread

'Fastest' on ITV4 right now, is a documentary about Valentino Rossi, narrated by Ewan McGregor, and is brilliant! Quite emotional to see Marco Simoncelli again.

Repeated this Saturday at 5:45pm, again on ITV4.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I enjoyed up to the Lewis Hamilton car geekery.   

And now he's doing Top Gear...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

And now he's doing Top Gear...

The last pre-recorded segments of the previous presenters' Top Gear will be broadcast first - in other words, the material for the three final episodes that were pulled following SteakGate.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you missed it, the brand new series of 'The Clangers' went out earlier this week, with narration by Michael Palin. Available on iPlayer.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the first six episodes of Sense8 over the past 2 nights.

The rest will probably last until Saturday night. No idea what's happening but it's brilliant.

Edited by Shadow

• 2 weeks later...

I've been selected to become a Neilsen household. I'm happy to become a household because "hovelhold" and "slumhold" weren't really catching on. They instal the ratings detector box next Tuesday and, from then on, I'll be deciding what Australians watch and don't. Goodbye Creflo A Dollar!

I've been selected to become a Neilsen household. I'm happy to become a household because "hovelhold" and "slumhold" weren't really catching on. They instal the ratings detector box next Tuesday and, from then on, I'll be deciding what Australians watch and don't. Goodbye Creflo A Dollar!

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. ;) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've been watching "Humans" on Channel 4. I have always enjoyed this style of sci fi; a recognisable world in the not very distant future.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. ;)

There's a Family Guy episode where they become a Neilsen household exploring that power trip!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

There's a Family Guy episode where they become a Neilsen household exploring that power trip!

I've already contacted the programme directors at the major channels and informed them of my "moral flexibility" and straitened financial circumstances.

I've been watching "Humans" on Channel 4. I have always enjoyed this style of sci fi; a recognisable world in the not very distant future.

As a once-voracious consumer of sci-fi novels, I usually find TV and film sci-fi to be too dumbed-down. Hollywood can get a whole movie out of a 10-page Philip K Dick short story. I watched the last episode of Wayward Pines tonight and it wasn't much of a finale. To be fair I'm sure they left plenty of loose threads to kick off a Season 2.

Other Space - sci-fi comedy from Yahoo.

Not brilliant, but has some good moments, and for fans of 'Mystery Science Theater 3000', the engineer and the robot are played by Joel Hodgson and Trace 'Crow' Beaulieu.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I turned on the telly to see if there was anything worthwhile on the sport channels.  I got a little smile seeing "Live RL One Day Cup" thinking that there was a rugby league game on that I didn't know about, unfortunately it's cricket :(

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Can you get a DVD of "the Don Lane show" and leave it on permanently attached to the Box? That ought to skew the ratings a bit :biggrin:

Edited by Shadow

I honestly don't understand a word of that.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Nielsen Ratings are to Australia (and the USA, and some other countries) what BARB Ratings are to the UK.

Farmduck has become one of the statistical group on whose data the official viewing figures are based.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Futtocks explained the ratings part. I live in a hovel, thus the invented words "hovelhold" and "slumhold." The agency instals an electronic box attached to your TV which records your choices and transmits them back to HQ - ratings detector box, or whatever they call it.

Creflo A Dollar is a televangelist perhaps best known for asking his followers to raise $60 million to buy him a new private jet.

Black Sails: Pirates, treachery, violence, sex. Big budget. What's not to like.

I'll have some of that. When's it on?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I got hooked up to my Nielsen box today and the installer told me that last night's Masterchef GF hit 2 million viewers. This tells you what free-to-air has come to in OZ: Origin and cooking shows.

Just started watching the Daredevil series on Netflix. Quite good if you're into superhero type stuff.

I found it quite boring to be honest. I think we must be reaching saturation point on the superhero front, all the storylines blend into one these days. I tried watching the latest Marvel offering with Agent Carter and apart from the busty, sexy woman playing Carter there's a pretty weak storyline.

Gone back to watching the repeats of Boston Legal  - Shatner & Spader comedy at its best.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I watched the Eighties serialisation of 'The Day of theTriffids' last night. Still good.

Ralph Waldo Emerson