The TV Thread

That rather belies her stated reason for quitting the New Quiz does it not? Although, I guess the time given over to QI may not be as great as that to the News Quiz over the year. How many series of QI do they make a year? Frankly, given the frequency of repeats, I've pretty much given up on trying to ascertain whether I've watched each episode before or not (and I never even watch Dave).

That rather belies her stated reason for quitting the New Quiz does it not? Although, I guess the time given over to QI may not be as great as that to the News Quiz over the year. How many series of QI do they make a year? Frankly, given the frequency of repeats, I've pretty much given up on trying to ascertain whether I've watched each episode before or not (and I never even watch Dave).

They only make one series a year (new series starts on Friday) - I think they are all filmed over a period of 2-3 weeks though

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

She left the News Quiz to get involved with a new political party before the General Election.

It failed to make a dent in the public consciousness, so she's either dropped that altogether, or QI is less time-consuming than the News Quiz.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

She left the News Quiz to get involved with a new political party before the General Election.

It failed to make a dent in the public consciousness, so she's either dropped that altogether, or QI is less time-consuming than the News Quiz.

To be fair, she left the News Quiz after the election and her party didn't elect a leader until July - I think they are focused on 2020 rather than the one just gone.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

Another new music documentary coming up on BBC4 on Friday - this time its 'Psychedelic Britannia'. Contributions from Arthur Brown, Robert Wyatt, Roy Wood and (oh dear!) Ginger Baker, among others.

I think this could be a good'un.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Current season of Homeland is a waste of pixels. Plus they made a big blunder on tonight's episode. Quinn, the CIA killer, tries to buy a "Stingray"  from a contact in Germany. He specifies a "handheld Stingray." I guess he meant Stinger, a shoulder-fired SAM. A Stingray weighs over 250kg and is a ship-based torpedo, completely unsuitable for hand-held use, unless you're Martin Taupau.

Rich Hall's documentary about the American Indians was good last night.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sky Landscape Artist of the Year was a travesty last night. 6 artists were set to paint a stately home set in landscaped gardens.

Two of the final three, including the winner, hardly featured the stately home. The winner just drew it as  a set of outlines in a virtually blank half of her canvas. The remainder of the canvas comprised a set of ill-defined trees.

Absolute junk.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The Last Kingdom on BBC2 got off to a flyer!  Loved it.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The Last Kingdom on BBC2 got off to a flyer!  Loved it.

I recorded episode 1 and will give it a try in the next day or so. I've heard plenty of good things about it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wire season 1 back on the Box Sets channel.

Ah!  Good.  I started watching just before they pulled it.  Then they started showing it and I missed that so I was a few episodes out.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Ah!  Good.  I started watching just before they pulled it.  Then they started showing it and I missed that so I was a few episodes out.

Know the feeling, I've still never seen the complete Season 1 of Breaking Bad.

They never invited me. :(:tongue:

The captain of one of the teams on tonight's may happen to frequent these forums quite often. I seem to remember there being a rugby union clue, after which said captain professed (in a perfectly neutral sense) to being much more versed in a more entertaining version of the sport. :)

EDIT: I realise that pulling a quote from a year ago out of context isn't entirely useful - it was referring to Only Connect.

Edited by EdinburghExile

The Walking Dead - Season 6 has been superb so far, with all three episodes so far being completely gripping. Every time you think they can't really go much further with it, they pull something out of the bag.

SQL Honours

I had to google that to learn what a naga munchetty was. Apparently she plays trumpet and likes jazz so I'll give her some points.

On a much more sombre note, I seem to have missed the opening episode of Fargo season 2.

She has a look that make her a "yes" from me, I think it's in her eyes.

She really likes golf, so it's a no from me.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

She really likes golf, so it's a no from me.

As my wife puts it, it's just another format of grown men chasing a ball around a bit of grass. :D

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"