The TV Thread

Just watching the taped second episode of the current Lewis story. 45 minutes watched, about 15 minutes to go.

I couldn't give a monkeys about who the murderer is. This latest series is really dragging its feet.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Sky Landscape Artist of the Year was a travesty last night. 6 artists were set to paint a stately home set in landscaped gardens.

Two of the final three, including the winner, hardly featured the stately home. The winner just drew it as  a set of outlines in a virtually blank half of her canvas. The remainder of the canvas comprised a set of ill-defined trees.

Absolute junk.

Really disappointed in this series I enjoyed the portrait ones but so far this series they have picked incomplete paintings and incomplete.

Sky Landscape Artist of the Year was a travesty last night. 6 artists were set to paint a stately home set in landscaped gardens.

Two of the final three, including the winner, hardly featured the stately home. The winner just drew it as  a set of outlines in a virtually blank half of her canvas. The remainder of the canvas comprised a set of ill-defined trees.

Absolute junk.

They were all better than the girl who drew a one inch square picture of grass though!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

The captain of one of the teams on tonight's may happen to frequent these forums quite often. I seem to remember there being a rugby union clue, after which said captain professed (in a perfectly neutral sense) to being much more versed in a more entertaining version of the sport. :)

EDIT: I realise that pulling a quote from a year ago out of context isn't entirely useful - it was referring to Only Connect.

When she's fed up with life I intend making Miss Coren Mitchell, Mrs Taylor number 3.

The captain of one of the teams on tonight's may happen to frequent these forums quite often. I seem to remember there being a rugby union clue, after which said captain professed (in a perfectly neutral sense) to being much more versed in a more entertaining version of the sport. :)

EDIT: I realise that pulling a quote from a year ago out of context isn't entirely useful - it was referring to Only Connect.

Ahhhhh... t'was you was it? I wondered whether a RL stats nut might be a regular on here. Well done Ian!

BBC 1: The Hunt.

Quite astounding footage bringing the circle of life into our homes. The extraordinary lengths that some film crew go to to ensure the 'moment' is captured perfectly are rather impressive also!

And, Attenborough is excellent, as usual.

Edited by Northern Eel

Harry Hill's four minute history of television. Exhausting, but very very silly.

He was born too late to work for TISWAS, but he's making up for it...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sky Landscape Artist of the Year lived down to its standards last night. In the semi-final, seven artists were set up on a lawned embakment to paint Tower Bridge.

Three went through to the final:

- One man, who also talked gibberish, painted the Thames brown with only an abstract outline of the bridge.

- One woman painted the bridge with the towers the wrong way round and set it in dense foliage.

- The remaining man had painted what he saw. If he doesn't win, it will be a travesty. This is his website:

http://www.jamiehageman.com/index.htm

Needless to say, this bloke didn't get through.

http://www.davidalderslade.com/gallery_539201.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The Big Bang Theory is really below par at the minute.

It's been coasting for a long long time now.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

It's been coasting for a long long time now.

They've been hunting for a replacement but they keep tanking therefore they're stretching the show way beyond normal cancellation points.  The actors are happy, they're getting a very healthy payment for churn work and probably recognise the "Friends" effect that means they're typecast now and borderline unemployable again.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"