The TV Thread

The "development" of Sheldon is the problem. Part of his character was his complete bewilderment at the world, now we're meant to buy he's got feelings and stuff. Nope, not having it.

The taming of Howard's utterly amoral libido, now he's married, is also a factor, as is the slackening off of his suppressed homoerotic thing with Raj. At least E4 show loads of the older episodes.

The new series is just not doing it for me so far.

Overall, though, it has cracked me up again and again over the years. I can understand why it'll be hard to replace.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The taming of Howard's utterly amoral libido, now he's married, is also a factor, as is the slackening off of his suppressed homoerotic thing with Raj. At least E4 show loads of the older episodes.

The new series is just not doing it for me so far.

Overall, though, it has cracked me up again and again over the years. I can understand why it'll be hard to replace.

The women are now the best thing in the show.

The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime.  Excellent programme.  My new TV show of the year so far.

I've seen the trailers, which look interesting, and it is based on a book by Philip K.Dick. Tempted...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime.  Excellent programme.  My new TV show of the year so far.

I don't know when (or where)it's scheduled to start out here. There's a promo on the SyFy website but no start ate.

As the former owner and reader of about 50 PKD books, I will probably be too harsh on this treatment.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Mr Robot. Still unsure.

I've seen the trailers, which look interesting, and it is based on a book by Philip K.Dick. Tempted...

It's a PKD I've not read but I get the feeling - which may be wrong - that they've taken the overall idea and then gone in ways that the source doesn't.  I suspect they're downplaying the usual Dick paranoia about reality.  Once I've finished the series I will check.

Currently on episode 6.  It has some faults but it is one of the best 'TV' things I've seen in a very long time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Ep 6 finished.

Entirely coincidentally I've just renewed my Prime membership and ordered a new Kindle.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Did anyone else see that documentary on BBC 4 last night - Storyville, Cartel Land?

Relly good but terrifying expose to what's been going on in rural Mexico......with no law enforcement/government support some locals took up arms to defend their villages from being terrorised by local drug cartels such as the knights templar......they were doing so well until they lost their way....

Sky Landscape Artist of the Year.

:dry:

In every stage of the competition, the winner has painted trees and then fitted an abstract representation of the actual subject matter in alongside. If they gave her a seascape to paint, I reckon she'd set it in trees.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

One Masterchef contestant introduced himself as having an attention to detail unlike most other chefs. Bad idea. Very bad.

His first offering? Ravioli that was 1.raw and 2.falling to pieces. Yep, he's gone home.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Ash v The Evil Dead series is Groovy ;)

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

The lady who won Landscape Artist of the Year won a commission to paint Flatford, scene of Constable's Hay Wain.

Obviously, she painted trees sat in the river and on the riverbank, with a faint outline of the house in the background.

Utter garbage

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Ash v The Evil Dead series is Groovy ;)

Just watched the first episode. Messy fun. B) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some good "self"-referential dialogue and a scene in tonight's Fargo episode. Kirsten Dunst banging on the TV trying to get some reception and Jesses Plemons telling the shopkeeper he's "goin' crazy out there at the lake."

One of my favourite lines from Veronica Mars:

Mr. Wu: Veronica, I think that when you get out in the world a little more, you'll discover that not all well-dressed, articulate, detail-oriented men are gay. Many of them are just Asian.

Detectorists: not quite convinced by the last episode of series 2 (no spoilers!), but overall, two series of downbeat excellence. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson