The TV Thread

The best thing on TV last year - and this year.

The music was excellent too. They've made a Christmas special episode - looking forward to it! :)

Hard to believe that this is from the same MacKenzie Crook who said yes to 'Sex Lives of the Potato Men'.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Strictly not fixed?

Well, the judges have just ganged up on Anita Rani.

and you watch this?????

Cred points down the Gary Glitter there wolfie owd cocker

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I've never seen an episode of X-Factor

I always used to watch Strictly, skipped a few series then started again this year. To tell the truth, I stopped watching it previously because I thought the judges had a pro-BBC bias in consistently overscoring Susanna Reid.

I like the show because there are always a few duffers on it. I would be even worse. There again, I can't sing either. In fact, I'm a talent-free-zone.

To a large extent, I feel the same about rugby. I played for years with 100% effort and 30% skill. That's why I love flair players, even if they don't play for my team. And so long as they don't play for Leeds, obviously.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I watched the second half of that Doctor Who episode. Lots of nonsense and drawn-out agonising about WHAT IT ALL MEANS FOR THE UNIVERSE.

But, then again, it did have Jenna-Louise Coleman in a Fifties-style waitress outfit. Ooh! :wub:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Strictly not fixed?

Well, the judges have just ganged up on Anita Rani.

Yep, Anita seriously undermarked again.  You have to wonder if Anita has told them she can't do the obligatory tour therefore there's no need for her in the final.

That said, I would like to see Katie and Anton win it just to seriously ###### off Craig and Bruno.  Those are a damn fine pair of legs on Katie...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just finished watching the last episode of series two of 'Les Revenants.' Loved every minute, even if the second series was a bit complicated.

And as with the first series, great soundtrack by Mogwai.

Series2? What channel was that on?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

The music was excellent too. They've made a Christmas special episode - looking forward to it! :)

Hard to believe that this is from the same MacKenzie Crook who said yes to 'Sex Lives of the Potato Men'.

Thanks for the share of that - grinning now. Great tune.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Rookie Blue returned tonight but, in a disturbing change of direction, they got through a whole episode without any lesbian action. There also seems to be a shortage of minority group actors in Canadia. They have an Indian woman playing the Hispanic cop and the "black" cop they brought in last year had red hair and freckles.

Right now, on BBC4, there's an absolutely chilling documentary about the 6 Day War. Israli soldiers were executing Arabs who surrendered after the ceasefire was declared.

A nasty, nasty war that just stopped short of disastrous consequences. I hope they're showing both sides of the story.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Must be a record for Fargo, in tonights episode we had to wait 30 minutes for the blood to start flowing but in true Fargo style they soon caught up. Great TV.

I think that's why they only make 10-episode seasons. They run out of people to kill.

Dr Gregory House: Religion isn't the opiate of the masses, it's the placebo of the masses.

London Spy. What on earth was that all about? Had an impressive cast. With good production values, over 6 hours, it must have costs a fair bit. Yet, it was relegated to BBC2 (OK, it was probably not mainstream content). Yes, it paints a portrait of global dystopia as part of an international intelligence conspiracy, I get that, but 6 hours long! I can probably read both 1984 and Brave New World in 6 hours.

Aye, cheers :) Got lucky, and the rugby chat must have either been edited, or off camera. Quarter final next!

Ah well, that didn't go too well. You were always playing catch up after the first round and you lost it in the missing consonants final round, which was a nightmare! Well done though!

Ah well, that didn't go too well. You were always playing catch up after the first round and you lost it in the missing consonants final round, which was a nightmare! Well done though!

Aye, we struggled and struggled. I'm surprised we were so close before the final round, I suppose they struggled too. Cheers :)

Don't know what other thread to put this on, so this will have to do. I just saw Helen Skelton on a new James Martin Christmas cooking show. Apparently, her husband does the cooking and they will shortly be "moving to France for her husband's work". Absolutely no mention of who her husband was at all. They couldn't have tried harder to not mention Rugby League.

Don't know what other thread to put this on, so this will have to do. I just saw Helen Skelton on a new James Martin Christmas cooking show. Apparently, her husband does the cooking and they will shortly be "moving to France for her husband's work". Absolutely no mention of who her husband was at all. They couldn't have tried harder to not mention Rugby League.

Unless she wants her career to be without the famous sportsman husband tag. But frankly it did seem to be purposely omitted, "husbands work" is not how you describe playing professional RL.

I was however impressed by the size and quality of the chopping board in use.

Ash v The Evil Dead series is Groovy ;)

Just watched the first episode.  Absolute 10/10 cheesy trash but absolutely fantastic as well.  If you just didn't get on with the movies then avoid it but otherwise get watching.

That brings me neatly to my big grumble about modern telly.  It's exclusively on Virgin.  Then you have Man in the High Castle that's exclusively on Amazon Prime.  Then you have the Netflix exclusives.  Then the Sky exclusives.  Then the BT exclusives.  FFS... if I had to subscribe to everything to get the programmes I wanted to watch then my monthly bill would be around £200.  No wonder people pirate TV programmes.

That brings me neatly to my big grumble about modern telly. It's exclusively on Virgin. Then you have Man in the High Castle that's exclusively on Amazon Prime. Then you have the Netflix exclusives. Then the Sky exclusives. Then the BT exclusives. FFS... if I had to subscribe to everything to get the programmes I wanted to watch then my monthly bill would be around £200. No wonder people pirate TV programmes.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens here - I've got Netflix which has some decent exclusives but the only one where I've been annoyed I've not had the service to watch the show is Fear The Walking Dead on BT - having seen it since I don't know what I was bothered about. However Netflix won't be the market leader forever and it'll be interesting to see what happens as the market gets more saturated every year - big year next year for Amazon who are clearly going all out with the new not quite Top Gear.

Actually some of my favourite shows this year have been Netflix exclusives - the latest being Jessica Jones, strong Buffy and Angel vibes but a lot darker.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010