The TV Thread

The Family Law on SBS. It's an OZ comedy about a Chinese family - the Laws - on the Sunshine Coast. I don't think it'll reach UK. Some good lines:

- when I was 12 my best friend was kidnapped off the street in China and sold into slavery. I still think of her every time I see a smartphone.

• 2 weeks later...

Comic Relief is bringing back its Pro/Celeb Darts tournament this year. It was a lot of fun the first time. :) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've never understood why anyone watches TV at that time of day. (apart from alcoholics and the unemployed, of course. Although I don't know why the unemployed would bother getting up that early.) TV didn't come to my town until I was 12 and didn't start until 3pm. (When I say "my town" I mean the town I lived in. I didn't own a whole town when I was 12. Unlike Chuck Windsor who apparently has owned Wales since the day he was born)

.......mmmm, what was my point again?

Vinyl.

Drama series about heavy rock bands.

Sky Atlantic , Monday

Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger are behind this series, so it should be interesting.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How mad could Top of the Pops get? Hazel O'Connor and Gillan, sandwiching Tony Capstick doing his Hovis advert monologue, that's how mad!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger are behind this series, so it should be interesting.

The trailer looks ... I want to be kind but ... the trailer looks like it's been inspired by Ron Burgundy.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The trailer looks ... I want to be kind but ... the trailer looks like it's been inspired by Ron Burgundy.

Utterly cringeworthy

I'll still be watching mind.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Balls! Pointless Celebrities is on, but Jenny Powell (who still looks fab) looks like she's going out at the first round.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

How mad could Top of the Pops get? Hazel O'Connor and Gillan, sandwiching Tony Capstick doing his Hovis advert monologue, that's how mad!

Had to be one of the most entertaining TOTP ever. Looking forward to seeing if this this week's show can match it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The last episode of Sea Cities was in Liverpool last night following a group of American tourists on the Beatles trail. Had to laugh when one of them asked the tour guide where Abbey Road was.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched the Dunblane documentary by the BBC. It's a very good production but boy is it a tough watch.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

If you're not already watching it I suggest you watch The Estate We're In on the iPlayer. Awful way to treat people.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."