The TV Thread

Anthony Bourdain's Parts unknown has just started an 8th series. Episode 1 - Hanoi.

Special guest, some chap called Obama, who drops in for a beer, a chat and a bowl of bun cha.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Extreme Food on C4 ought to be called 'Outdoor cooking with Zapp Brannigan'.

Entertaining, for so many (very wrong) reasons. Hilarious alpha male posturing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Give me a shout when that episode with Diana Rigg in a kinky leather outfit is on will ya?? I say...ding dong

The black leather catsuit was fine, but it got kinkier than that...

03.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I saw most of the new show by Morgana thingy (from Vic Reeves) She's quite a talented impersonator, pretty funny.

I don't think the writing lived up to the performances. I really wanted to like it more, because she was funny in the recent Vic'n'Bob thing.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anyone watched or currently watching Strabger Things on the Netflix. Well worth a watch, it's basically every 80s film subtly rolled into a TV series.

Is that the biography of Kevin Strabger?

Give me a shout when that episode with Diana Rigg in a kinky leather outfit is on will ya?? I say...ding dong

The black leather catsuit was fine, but it got kinkier than that...

03.jpg

ok, Diana rigg, linda thorston (sp) or joanna lumley..................go on, a desert island scenario and you get to pick one.........which one? not ruling out  patrick mcnee or gareth hunt if that's what you wish. Linda thorsen for mine :angel:

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

I don't think the writing lived up to the performances. I really wanted to like it more, because she was funny in the recent Vic'n'Bob thing.

I really liked it. One of the better impressions shows of recent times - although the competition isn't exactly fierce. I've seen it before but her Fearne Cotton impression is absolutely outstanding.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I really liked it. One of the better impressions shows of recent times - although the competition isn't exactly fierce. I've seen it before but her Fearne Cotton impression is absolutely outstanding.

Her Natalie Cassidy was verging on cruel, though.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

ok, Diana rigg, linda thorston (sp) or joanna lumley..................go on, a desert island scenario and you get to pick one.........which one? not ruling out  patrick mcnee or gareth hunt if that's what you wish. Linda thorsen for mine :angel:

You are whitewashing Honor Blackman from history, you dreadful Stalinist, you! ;) 

Of course, Diana Rigg knew her Rugby League, so that's a plus for all civilised people.

Joanna Lumley was an utter goddess in The New Avengers (as well as Sapphire & Steel), but there's always Patsy Stone lurking there in the back of your mind as a warning.

Linda Thorsen was the most goofy fun of Steed's muses.

For me, Diana is still the queen.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You are whitewashing Honor Blackman from history, you dreadful Stalinist, you! ;)

Of course, Diana Rigg knew her Rugby League, so that's a plus for all civilised people.

Joanna Lumley was an utter goddess in The New Avengers (as well as Sapphire & Steel), but there's always Patsy Stone lurking there in the back of your mind as a warning.

Bring back the "Thinking Man's Totty" thread!

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Bring back the "Thinking Man's Totty" thread!

Time for Dame Joan, then...

article-2127010-1284C4A6000005DC-27_233x

Ralph Waldo Emerson

oops, how very dare me. Forgot init. Have to change my vote to Honor Blackman now, something about her voice :giveheart:

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

The Louis Theroux documentary on him revisiting his Jimmy Saville interview was interesting. A lot of familiar ground covered, but the most fascinating was the footage of Saville when he thought the camera was off him, which I don't think was in the original doc. Very telling.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I missed this at the time, but 'Rubble Kings' on the iPlayer is worth checking out. It tells the tale of the New York gangs of the late Sixties onwards. Fantastic and fascinating stuff.

If you are a fan of the film 'The Warriors', this is so far up your street, it's practically parked in your front room.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I missed this at the time, but 'Rubble Kings' on the iPlayer is worth checking out. It tells the tale of the New York gangs of the late Sixties onwards. Fantastic and fascinating stuff.

If you are a fan of the film 'The Warriors', this is so far up your street, it's practically parked in your front room.

yeh I saw this, a great insight into the origins of hip hop music too

Diana Rigg without question!

My wife convinced me to watch Gogglebox tonight. Am I seriously the only person that thinks this is a human version of the Creature Comforts TV show? The two sisters are just like a pair of cats from that show.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

My wife convinced me to watch Gogglebox tonight. Am I seriously the only person that thinks this is a human version of the Creature Comforts TV show? The two sisters are just like a pair of cats from that show.

Very true. It isn't a show I make a point of watching, but if it's on, it is quite fun.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hoping the new Westworld series is going to be good. Series record but need to find the old film first.

I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far.  I think its very good.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes so far.  I think its very good.

Not the first TV series based on the original, apparently: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Westworld

Anyone seen this?

Ralph Waldo Emerson