The TV Thread

Shortly Sandy Toksvig  will be up as the new QI Master, will she cut it. Hard act to follow in this one is Fry.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I feared she'd be too stoic as she seems sometimes but she was completely rolling in it! I felt reassured it wasn't another Top Gear.

She did several excellent years on the News Quiz, so she's got form in panel games.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Walking Dead tonight - but I can't watch until tomorrow, so I expect someone to spoil who has died for me via text at approx. 9.01pm tonight.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

This week's 'Parts Unknown' visits England. A good episode, but probably not one for the Brexiteers.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Walking Dead tonight - but I can't watch until tomorrow, so I expect someone to spoil who has died for me via text at approx. 9.01pm tonight.

I think Shane died. :P

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

So, in return for my attempt at humourous trolling of members in my two posts above, the universe has repaid me my having my wife fall asleep just before the Walking Dead.  She's not feeling well and this is one of the very few programmes we watch together.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

So, in return for my attempt at humourous trolling of members in my two posts above, the universe has repaid me my having my wife fall asleep just before the Walking Dead. She's not feeling well and this is one of the very few programmes we watch together.

Was good if you haven't watched it I hope no one spoils it for you tomorrow.

So, in return for my attempt at humourous trolling of members in my two posts above, the universe has repaid me my having my wife fall asleep just before the Walking Dead.  She's not feeling well and this is one of the very few programmes we watch together.

I managed to see it last night after all, how the tables have turned..! :tongue:

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it but the first episode of The Exorcist was very good as well. So that's Westworld,The Walking Dead and The Exorcist on series record. That should get me through until the NRL and SL are back.

Finally got around to watching it, day off today and tomorrow.  Damn that was a dark episode with little to make it "entertainment".

Recommend the four part series 'Inside the Commons' from BBC2.  Just finished this week but available on I-player.  Filmed over the course of a year with unparalleled access to the House of Commons.

Interesting and an eye opener as it follows mp's, civil servants and 'ordinary' people who work there.

What struck me was how little power individual mp's have unless part of the cabinet/shadow cabinet and how unfit for purpose the house of parliament building is.

I found some episodes of Iron Chef Japan on YouTube, complete with the cheesy American dubbed commentary. Bonkers stuff, Fukui-San!

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The 2nd series of Humans, looks like the producers have been given a much bigger budget and have been desperate to spent it. They have also gone for a quicker pace compared to the first series. Will give it another try and see if it sticks.

The 2nd series of Humans, looks like the producers have been given a much bigger budget and have been desperate to spent it. They have also gone for a quicker pace compared to the first series. Will give it another try and see if it sticks.

You know what, despite watching the first series and sort of enjoying it, I'm not exactly desperate to see the second. Not really sure where they can take it. It's been getting decent reviews, but then so did the first and I thought I was seeing a different show. I thought it was OK, but not exactly amazing.

SQL Honours

Recommend the four part series 'Inside the Commons' from BBC2.  Just finished this week but available on I-player.  Filmed over the course of a year with unparalleled access to the House of Commons.

Interesting and an eye opener as it follows mp's, civil servants and 'ordinary' people who work there.

What struck me was how little power individual mp's have unless part of the cabinet/shadow cabinet and how unfit for purpose the house of parliament building is.

I agree, really interesting series that illuminated how ridiculously outdated and 'for show' much of what passes for our democracy really is.

It's rather appropriate that the Palace of Westminster is falling to bits around them, and they can't make their minds up what to do about it. 

Racer snakes Vs Sea-going Iguanas on Planet Earth 2 (BBC 1 now). Absolutely incredible footage.

You'd think by now the BBC (and anyone else for that matter) would have explored pretty much every angle of nature, but this new series is once again pushing the boundaries of factual entertainment to new levels.

Penguins surviving the roughest seas, walking 2 miles with broken limbs/seeping wounds to feed their young, Iguanas hatching on beaches and having an immediate life or death pursuit to escape the predatory snakes in order to get to the relative safety of the rocky outcrop, and sloths swimming!

Take a bow BBC....

Edited by Northern Eel

Racer snakes Vs Sea-going Iguanas on Planet Earth 2 (BBC 1 now). Absolutely incredible footage.

You'd think by now the BBC (and anyone else for that matter) would have explored pretty much every angle of nature, but this new series is once again pushing the boundaries of factual entertainment to new levels.

Penguins surviving the roughest seas, walking 2 miles with broken limbs/seeping wounds to feed their young, Iguanas hatching on beaches and having an immediate life or death pursuit to escape the predatory snakes in order to get to the relative safety of the rocky outcrop, and sloths swimming!

Take a bow BBC....

I missed it at the time, and am now watching it on the iPlayer. The footage these patient and dedicated professionals get on film is truly stunning.

Ralph Waldo Emerson