The TV Thread

'Peter Pan gone wrong' is worth catching up on via iPlayer.

Stumbled across it and didn't have high expectations. I was very, very wrong. One of the funniest things I've seen on the TV over the Christmas period. It was very well done.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Stumbled across it and didn't have high expectations. I was very, very wrong. One of the funniest things I've seen on the TV over the Christmas period. It was very well done.

We've just watched the repeat having seen the last 10 minutes when it was on first time.  Agree entirely, best new thing on Christmas telly. :)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Taboo...  its no Downton or Jane Austin costume drama for sure!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The excellent cowboy series 'Hell On Wheels' returned this week for its fifth and last series.

Cannibalism, three murders and a hanging in the first episode - a bit slow by their standards .....

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Catching up with watching the two Sherlock episodes before tonight's finale but it's a bit terrifying: Six Thatchers. One was scary enough but six is just beyond acceptable conduct for TV

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

51 minutes ago, ckn said:

Catching up with watching the two Sherlock episodes before tonight's finale but it's a bit terrifying: Six Thatchers. One was scary enough but six is just beyond acceptable conduct for TV

Well, just finished the first episode, I think I'd rather have had the Six Thatchers...  deary me, that was a dire episode.

I recommend fauda on Netflix,it has subtitles for those of us who can't speak Arabic,but it's superb. Action packed from the first minute and provides a clinical insight into mossads engagement with the Palestinians and vice versa,it's well written and superbly filmed and gladly leaves a cliffhanger for a second series. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching Heroes Reborn, a 13-part reboot of the original Heroes series, with a handful of the original cast and a plotline so convoluted and timey-wimey it would make Steven (Doctor Who / Sherlock) Moffat jealous.

I enjoyed it though, but glad I binge watched it over the space of a fortnight. I couldn't imagine trying to follow it on a one episode per week basis.

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

I shall be checking those out. I've found him entertaining. 

You do sometimes need a dictionary to hand, but he's always worth watching, even if you end up disagreeing completely with him.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

You do sometimes need a dictionary to hand, but he's always worth watching, even if you end up disagreeing completely with him.

I came across some of his programmes about Victorian house building a few weeks ago on YouTube that I'd not seen before. Very interesting and informative.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, Northern Eel said:

Spy in the wild, BBC1 - fascinating wildlife programme where robotic animals are sent into habitats to film undercover, from within. 

The penguin bit..... flippin' hilarious! 

I thought the Chimp and robotic Tortoise was hilarious, I nearly fell off my seat laughing, plus the Marmosets reaction when one of the females dropped the "Baby" and they thought they had killed it was very moving