The TV Thread

18 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Apparently Sky and Discovery / Eurosport have settled their contractual differences.

Pity, I was going to rag in my subscription.

Good, now maybe they will start showing programmes that the UK is good at. Now we are winning at Bobsleigh, and Skeleton, they have stopped showing it, preferring Luge which only the Germans are good at, and figure skating rather than short track speed skating or Ice Hockey, How do we expect to get better at Hockey when no-one broadcasts it here in the UK. GB lost 14-0 in the Universade games this week, how are we supposed to learn?

55 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

The winning selections on Sky Portrait Artist of the Year are just as infuriating as those on Sky Landscape Artist of the Year. Some really good efforts though.

I am always baffled by the selections and the so called experts just talk shiite

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Finally got round to watching Jessica Jones.  Not watched any other Marvel Universe stuff so no idea how it all fits in but as a stand-alone series it's really rather good.  Downbeat, sorta-superhero, neo-noir.  Enjoyed it.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 09/02/2017 at 10:16 AM, Bleep1673 said:

Good, now maybe they will start showing programmes that the UK is good at. Now we are winning at Bobsleigh, and Skeleton, they have stopped showing it, preferring Luge which only the Germans are good at, and figure skating rather than short track speed skating or Ice Hockey, How do we expect to get better at Hockey when no-one broadcasts it here in the UK. GB lost 14-0 in the Universade games this week, how are we supposed to learn?

The BBC is live streaming the Bobsleigh & Skeleton World Championships, starting tomorrow at 1pm.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Thank you, I caught the first 2 Womens runs, GB 11th

I watched the 2nd run on catch-up, and the American commentator's voice reminded me a bit of Donald Trump.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 16/02/2017 at 8:28 AM, gingerjon said:

Finally got round to watching Jessica Jones.  Not watched any other Marvel Universe stuff so no idea how it all fits in but as a stand-alone series it's really rather good.  Downbeat, sorta-superhero, neo-noir.  Enjoyed it.

I enjoyed Daredevil. Worth watching!

Like you, watching Jessica Jones now, then Luke Cage. Netflix are doing a good job with Marvel. 

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I enjoyed Daredevil. Worth watching!

Like you, watching Jessica Jones now, then Luke Cage. Netflix are doing a good job with Marvel. 

Ironfist due out next month

I just finished Sneaky Pete on Amazon, plenty of twists & turns and an ending with a nice set up for a second series

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

Loved Jessica Jones, had a very Buffy/Angel vibe and though David Tennant was a good villain in it. Just finished Luke Cage and by far the biggest slog of the Netflix marvels so far. Wasn't that keen on the idea of Iron Fist either but the trailer looks good so I'll give it a go when it's out.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

The girl who plays Jessica Jones was in Breaking Bad I think. 

Yep, she played Jesse's drug addicted girlfriend 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

On 17/02/2017 at 10:00 PM, Shadow said:

I just finished Sneaky Pete on Amazon, plenty of twists & turns and an ending with a nice set up for a second series

The genuine Sneaky Pete ... Sneaky Pete Kleinow of the Flying Burrito Brothers ... died in 2007. Curiously, he had parallel careers in music and film production.

He appeared on albums by Joe Cocker (Joe Cocker!, 1969), Delaney, Bonnie and Friends (To Bonnie from Delaney, 1970), Joni Mitchell (Blue,1971), Billy Joel (Cold Spring Harbor, 1971), Little Feat (Sailin' Shoes, 1972), Frank Zappa (Waka/Jawaka, 1972), the Bee Gees (Life in a Tin Can, 1973), Yoko Ono (Feeling the Space, 1973), John Lennon (Mind Games, 1973), John Cale (Paris 1919, 1973), Linda Ronstadt (Heart Like A Wheel, 1974), Harry Nilsson (Pussy Cats, 1974), Stevie Wonder (Fulfillingness' First Finale, 1974 and Songs in the Key of Life, 1976), Fleetwood Mac (Heroes Are Hard to Find, 1974), and Leonard Cohen (Death of a Ladies' Man, 1977).

Kleinow contributed stop motion and other visual effects to a number of films and miniseries over the next three decades, including Cosmos: A Personal Voyage (1980), The Empire Strikes Back (1980), The Right Stuff (1983), Gremlins (1984), The Terminator (1984), Terminator 2 (1991), Starship Troopers (1997), and Holes (2003) while continuing to work sporadically as a professional musician.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneaky_Pete_Kleinow

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

new series of inside no9 tonite, to be fair the last ones have been either brilliant or quite poor with no inbetween

The Christmas special was great.  The Sheridan Smith one was probably the best episode.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

23 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The Christmas special was great.  The Sheridan Smith one was probably the best episode.

the one with the babysitter and the satan thing upstairs was best, the harrowing? very "league"like -wasn't fussed for the xmas one

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I've been enjoying Further back in Time for Dinner throughout the series. It is refreshing to see reality TV stars who aren't hyperactive, infantile attention seekers, but just a rather likeable and intelligent family, plus the ultra-competent hired help Debbie. A fine example of the 'edutainment' neologism.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The new series of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (the first since 1999) starts on Netflix on the 14th of April! :imsohappy:

C5QXRdvVMAI8I1h.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I remember this from the Eighties, just as the creators must have remembered watching 'Blazing Saddles'. :D

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I predict Curries doing a roaring trade in new TVs in the morning. On ITV now: Piers Morgan's Life Stories; Nigel Farage. I know if I was to put it on my foot would be through the screen in seconds.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Tonights Inside No 9.... wow.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!