The TV Thread

11 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Tonights Inside No 9.... wow.

Not seen it yet, no spoilers please. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

14 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Not seen it yet, no spoilers please. 

This was the first one in this series that I've seen. Excellent stuff.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, Wolford6 said:

The winning selections on Sky Portrait Artist of the Year are just as infuriating as those on Sky Landscape Artist of the Year. Some really good efforts though.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, jacksy said:

I am always baffled by the selections and the so called experts just talk shiite

I really enjoy Sky Portrait Artist of the Year, (maybe it's because I can't draw a straight line), some very talented people out there, but as jacksy, above, says, some of the comments from the 'experts' are laughable.  Best one so far from judge Tai Shan Schierenberg the "award winning painter" ... "Just because its a portrait doesn't mean it has to look like the sitter' ...

• Like 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

6 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

"Just because its a portrait doesn't mean it has to look like the sitter' ...

See - now I agree with that comment.  If you want a lifelike representation and nothing else: sit in a photo booth.

OTOH, if someone is painting something that doesn't look like the sitter because they *can't* (as opposed to having an alternative, better concept) then that way pretension lies.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:06 AM, Bedford Roughyed said:

the last 2 have been the best telly in years, shearsmith and pemberton  could teach those Oscar winning writers and actors a thing or 2

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 01/03/2017 at 2:06 AM, Bedford Roughyed said:

Wow indeed. Finally caught up with both this and the previous episode. 

Inside Number 9 is just about the most inventive and original (and often dark) British comedy on the TV in recent years. I can't think of a single one that has disappointed.

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

15 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Wow indeed. Finally caught up with both this and the previous episode. 

Inside Number 9 is just about the most inventive and original (and often dark) British comedy on the TV in recent years. I can't think of a single one that has disappointed.

I think 'The 12 Days of Christine' is still my favourite, however along with the Christmas special this series has been very strong so far.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

17 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I think 'The 12 Days of Christine' is still my favourite, however along with the Christmas special this series has been very strong so far.  

Yes, that episode was another wow moment.

4 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

Yes, that episode was another wow moment.

just re watching the 3rd series of LOG on dvd-  "you need hands......"

41 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

this weeks inside no9 was not on par with the others in my opinion, no where near as good.

I really enjoyed it.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

This week's Inside No.9 was nasty and sleazy and pretty good. The romantic outcome for two of the characters was a bit forced, but the tension between the other protagonists was well-structured.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

why oh why do itv keep churning out new series of Benidorm? it doesn't even resemble the 1st 3 brilliant series, its just gone from bad to worse, embarrassing and about as funny as earache.

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

why oh why do itv keep churning out new series of Benidorm? it doesn't even resemble the 1st 3 brilliant series, its just gone from bad to worse, embarrassing and about as funny as earache.

They have to hang on to anything that's vaguely successful, because outside X-Factor/I'm a Celeb shows and Corrie, they don't really have that much to offer.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

They have to hang on to anything that's vaguely successful, because outside X-Factor/I'm a Celeb shows and Corrie, they don't really have that much to offer.

They also have the crime capital of believable reality..

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good Sky documentary on Renoir last night. His style and the actual paint changed drastically after WW1. He went from high-detail gentle works to painting broad-brush loosely-defined female nudes.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

21 hours ago, longboard said:

Greetings grapple fans!

cant wait for the long awaited re match between Adrian street and black jack mulligan

I used to work with a former wrestler who worked under the alias Wild Jock Campbell. But he was from Elland and had a thick Yorkshire accent ... so he was only allowed to scowl and grunt incomprehensively in the ring.

When he worked for us he had long retired, but had a ring that he travelled round and erected for shows at smaller venues.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Good Morning Britain, what a load of dross. I can imagine that Susanna Reid sprints over the her bank to check the balance when the cameras stop rolling, just to feel better about herself.

Pierce Morgan is a disgusting human being!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark S said:

Good Morning Britain, what a load of dross. I can imagine that Susanna Reid sprints over the her bank to check the balance when the cameras stop rolling, just to feel better about herself.

Pierce Morgan is a disgusting human being!

His peers call him Piers.

Others use another word beginning with p.

Can anything pierce his abundant self-love?