The TV Thread

41 minutes ago, timtum said:

I am thoroughly enjoying revisiting, after nigh on 30 years, the Len Deighton Game Set and Match trilogy on that there Youtube.

Ian Holm and Mel Martin in the lead roles, with an international ensemble supporting them.

Dated, but marvellous.

Never saw it when it was broadcast, but I have just looked up the cast - wow!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The man who plays Homer Simpson and Derek Smalls has just made a joke on live national TV about Adam Hills getting knocked out playing Rugby League.

We are living in a very strange world indeed.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 6/28/2018 at 2:45 PM, ivans82 said:

Chris Kamara why ?

The man is a Swindon Town legend and I won't hear a word against him. Definitely my favourite player to have ever worn my teams shirt.

Plus he tipped well at Christmas, on my paper round! Top bloke!

KAmmy.jpg.gallery.jpg

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Do you hear that.....?

The sound of a barrel being scraped?

Ch 423 BT Sport/ESPN Wednesday 17:00, "Live Hot Dog Eating Contest".

No, really.

Bet it’s in America and entries are through the roof and superbly well practiced 

Documentary film on Eric Clapton on BBC 2 last night was very interesting in parts and harrowing in others . What a life he has had from one extreme to the other , talk about what life throws at you .Anyone remotely into E C should watch it on catch up .

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Do you hear that.....?

The sound of a barrel being scraped?

Ch 423 BT Sport/ESPN Wednesday 17:00, "Live Hot Dog Eating Contest".

No, really.

Combine the contest with the Wolfpack's hot dog cannon, and I'd watch it!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

32 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hot dog cannon is a new one on me , sounds intriguing !

DI5ew5AVwAQ3f4E.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Blacklist, Season 5.

I'm now sick to the back teeth of this show and probably won't watch Season 6 when it comes out.  I'm not sure whether it's the actor or the script writing but Liz has to be the most bone thick, untrustworthy, grossly negligent, reckless and outright abysmal FBI agent TV has ever portrayed.  Right from the first episodes, the script has had to drag her along and only James Spader's "Red" and Dembe keep the show from being turned off in the first 30 seconds.

The Season 5 finale is right out of the "here's how not to write screenplays" lessons that writers will have had.  The episode before had a blunt-ended tyre-iron stab right into someone's gut from falling from about 2-3 foot away, then the worst "bear" in screenplay history that was even less convincing than Rainbow's Bungle.  This episode must have been written by a drunken intern having a laugh and it somehow passed into the show.

The finale "reveal" was pathetic, Liz's character now needs to accidentally fall into a tree shredder if the show has any hope of recovering from this level of abysmal writing.

Seasons 1-3 were outstanding, barring the season finale betrayals, season 4 was weak, season 5 has only been kept alive on life support by Spader's skills as an actor.

:angry:

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

22 hours ago, ckn said:

The Blacklist, Season 5.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm now sick to the back teeth of this show and probably won't watch Season 6 when it comes out.  I'm not sure whether it's the actor or the script writing but Liz has to be the most bone thick, untrustworthy, grossly negligent, reckless and outright abysmal FBI agent TV has ever portrayed.  Right from the first episodes, the script has had to drag her along and only James Spader's "Red" and Dembe keep the show from being turned off in the first 30 seconds.

The Season 5 finale is right out of the "here's how not to write screenplays" lessons that writers will have had.  The episode before had a blunt-ended tyre-iron stab right into someone's gut from falling from about 2-3 foot away, then the worst "bear" in screenplay history that was even less convincing than Rainbow's Bungle.  This episode must have been written by a drunken intern having a laugh and it somehow passed into the show.

The finale "reveal" was pathetic, Liz's character now needs to accidentally fall into a tree shredder if the show has any hope of recovering from this level of abysmal writing.

Seasons 1-3 were outstanding, barring the season finale betrayals, season 4 was weak, season 5 has only been kept alive on life support by Spader's skills as an actor.

:angry:

I’ve stuck with it but I agree it has lost its way.

if you want to watch a truly brilliantly written series give Billions a watch, it’s absolutely fantastic.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

14 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I’ve stuck with it but I agree it has lost its way.

if you want to watch a truly brilliantly written series give Billions a watch, it’s absolutely fantastic.

We've queued up Blindspot for watching next, we saw half of series 1 a few months ago and now want to watch the rest.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Well, even if you just have FreeView, a re-scan will give you half a dozen extra Wimbledon channels right now, and the Inverdolt can't be on all of them.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Well, even if you just have FreeView, a re-scan will give you half a dozen extra Wimbledon channels right now, and the Inverdolt can't be on all of them.

Channels 980-986 are Tennis most of then Indervale free.

Wonderful. Blooming idiot he is. What 1ker at the BBC thinks he deserves a contract? He was working for ITV during the French Open, they should not employ someone as dismal as him.

His Marion Bartolli sexist comments should've had him blacklisted (if that is still a PC phrase?).

Edited by Bleep1673

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Channels 980-986 are Tennis most of then Indervale free.

Channels 601-606 on FreeView, plus there's always the live streams via the BBC Sport app or the website.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I know it's older than my ex, but I'm really enjoying watching M*A*S*H*. Intelligent American humour on Ch 179. It makes me remenice.

it is one of the few things on TV my dad will watch without fulminating about someone or other on screen. I grew up watching the TV series, and only discovered the book and the movie much more recently, and love them too, despite them being quite different.

Ralph Waldo Emerson