The TV Thread

Started watching 'Community' on All4.  Enjoying so far.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

17 hours ago, DavidM said:

Catching bits of the Ryder Cup it seems someone keeps moving the hole when we put 

The Ryder Cup is an odd thing.

I don't see myself as European and I don't enjoy golf and yet, every two years, I become a European golf lover.

But only for 3 days!

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

The Ryder Cup is an odd thing.

I don't see myself as European and I don't enjoy golf and yet, every two years, I become a European golf lover.

But only for 3 days!

Yeh it is unique . I’m a casual golf fan who struggles to see beyond chasing fast sums of dosh but I find it totally engrossing . It just draws you in . I wonder if boris and farage are cheering for Europe 

5 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Killing Eve is just bonkers, but a splendid type of unmissable bonkers.

I really enjoyed it. Good setup for the next series without the usual idiot cliffhanger. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

just had to switch off that new dr who- shocking over acted disneyfide  pc rubbish, plus he never asked her if she wanted to take the lower offer or a step nearer the chaser - dreadful.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I thought Bradley was pretty good, as was the new Doctor. Some of the Yorkshire accents were absolutely criminal though. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

I liked it, I thought Jodie Whittaker was a bit David Tennanty in her portrayal

I watched it because of all the hype, nothing special, but I did think  'She's sounds just like a female David Tennant'.  

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Dr Who started brilliantly with Christopher Ecclestone and then David Tennant on its comeback several years ago , and has been on the downhill ever since . Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi were good Doctors but hampered with poor scripts and an ever growing band of companions/hangers on . Last night though was the pits Jodie Whittaker is a good actress but completely mis-cast .The more excited she got the more she sounded like Jane Horrocks . The so called companions were wooden . The script again was woeful , not so much Dr Who then , more Bubble from absolutely fabulous .

12 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Dr Who started brilliantly with Christopher Ecclestone and then David Tennant on its comeback several years ago , and has been on the downhill ever since . Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi were good Doctors but hampered with poor scripts and an ever growing band of companions/hangers on . Last night though was the pits Jodie Whittaker is a good actress but completely mis-cast .The more excited she got the more she sounded like Jane Horrocks . The so called companions were wooden . The script again was woeful , not so much Dr Who then , more Bubble from absolutely fabulous .

in total agreement with that statement, the bbc are woeful and a waste of our money, the totally un funny al murray yet again on the one show tonite is a prime example, I thought the Chinese disabled single parent people were not represented enough in the new series

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Probably last time I watched it K9 was on . Being the BBC it is gonna be drenched in PC because that’s become their main focus when it used to be making good programmes . I seem to watch bbc 1 less n less , so much rubbish on it 

Edited by DavidM

16 hours ago, DavidM said:

Probably last time I watched it K9 was on . Being the BBC it is gonna be drenched in PC because that’s become their main focus when it used to be making good programmes . I seem to watch bbc 1 less n less , so much rubbish on it 

K9 was on it quite recently. 

20 hours ago, Shadow said:

I liked it, I thought Jodie Whittaker was a bit David Tennanty in her portrayal but it doesn’t matter what I think, what we all need to know is what does @John Drake think?

:biggrin:

I thought it was really, really good. I’m a generally uncritical audience anyway (I survived Time and the Rani, Sylvester McCoy’s godawful debut story) but I liked the look and feel of the first episode.

It delivered what it promised: a stepping on point for people who haven’t watched it before and a returning point for people who had given up on the timey-wimey, confusey-woosy Steven Moffat era. I know at least two people who fall into the latter category who watched the new episode and said they loved it.

It definitely had a more Russell T Davies vibe about it and I thought Jodie Whittaker was great, a very assured debut, very 'Doctor-ish', brushing off the gender change in a throwaway line as if it didn't really matter (because y'know, it doesn't really matter).

The straightforward storytelling was refreshing.

The closing credits were unusual, bigging up the forthcoming guest actors by name, but I guess it’s a statement of intent about how they are doing things quite differently now.

Overnight viewing figure of 8.2 million and the generally positive reaction on social media suggests this show still has a good few years left in it yet.

• Like 2