The TV Thread

12 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'm already looking forward to the 2nd episode. Mary Berry presenting a celebration of N.W.A.  

I think she’s already booked up for ‘ an evening with Eminem ‘ . She’s been hanging out with him for years 

15 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I've nothing against this group as such, Will I Am seems like a decent lad and all that but come on.....

He plays for Chelski according to Paul Merson . I think sky just keep him on to give him summat to do 

On 10/17/2018 at 1:03 PM, gingerjon said:

I made America great again by watching Amazon Prime's take on Jack Ryan starring him out of the US office (not him, the other one), some big black bloke and a nice blonde woman.

There are a lot of times the plot makes you go, "You what? How could not one of the forty people in the room notice something so basic?" but if you ride with that then it's actually pretty decent. Episode 8 doesn't have the tension of the previous seven so feels an oddly flat way of ending the series but it's still pretty satisfying.

I enjoyed it, I can imagine that it will go down the same route as Designated Survivor and become a bit cliche, america saves the day nonsense. 

40 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I've nothing against this group as such, Will I Am seems like a decent lad and all that but come on.....

Yup, he's good value on things like The Voice, but when did the Black Eyed Peas last have a hit?  They had a 'good' couple of albums then disappeared?  Or have I missed something?

* Good = hits, sales, etc.  Personal taste might vary.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

He's a charismatic, intelligent and entertaining guy, but somehow that's never seemed to transfer into his band's records. Very bland (other opinions are available).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There was a documentary a few years ago where Joanna Lumley went to live with Will.I.Am for a week, it was actually pretty good tv. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

4 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

There was a documentary a few years ago where Joanna Lumley went to live with Will.I.Am for a week, it was actually pretty good tv. 

Wow sounds like summat weird you’d dream after eating cheese before bed !

17 hours ago, John Drake said:

Well, the latest episode of Doctor Who was outstandingly good.

If you missed it, it's on BBC iPlayer. Treat yourself...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bpwm2m/doctor-who-series-11-3-rosa

I'm surprised it's not attracted condemnation of the BBC from the usual right wing suspects for bringing politics into Doctor Who. After all, there were good people on both sides in 1950s Mississippi, weren't there?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

I'm surprised it's not attracted condemnation of the BBC from the usual right wing suspects for bringing politics into Doctor Who. After all, there were good people on both sides in 1950s Mississippi, weren't there?

don't watch it but I thought this series was sci fi not a left wing history lesson - I suppose the bbc trying to programme peoples minds to their tastes  like in total recall is sci fi though

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, tim2 said:

They probably all stopped watching when the Doctor became a woman. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

don't watch it but I thought this series was sci fi not a left wing history lesson - I suppose the bbc trying to programme peoples minds to their tastes  like in total recall is sci fi though

It's simply going back to basics in honouring the show's original remit from its creator Sydney Newman in 1963, who wanted it to be a mix of sci-fi and a time travelling history lesson for a family audience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Newman#Doctor_Who

The first ever story was set in the stone age and involved the discovery of fire. The fourth story was a lengthy seven episode exposition about the travels of Marco Polo. Not a bug-eyed monster in sight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo_(Doctor_Who)

They've also done purely historical stories on the French Revolution, the Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve, The Aztecs, The Romans and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Doctor_Who_historical_serials

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

It's simply going back to basics in honouring the show's original remit from its creator Sydney Newman in 1963, who wanted it to be a mix of sci-fi and a time travelling history lesson for a family audience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Newman#Doctor_Who

The first ever story was set in the stone age and involved the discovery of fire. The fourth story was a lengthy seven episode exposition about the travels of Marco Polo. Not a bug-eyed monster in sight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Polo_(Doctor_Who)

They've also done purely historical stories on the French Revolution, the Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve, The Aztecs, The Romans and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Doctor_Who_historical_serials

too much information

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

20 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I see some bloke from Widnes has won £30K in the latest adverts for Postcode Lottery. He had a Widnes shirt on BTW, so does this mean the good times are gonna return to Widnes? #sugardaddy

I was thinking what I would do if I won that $1.6 billion US lottery. Buying a rugby league club should burn that in about 3 years.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

23 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I see some bloke from Widnes has won £30K in the latest adverts for Postcode Lottery. He had a Widnes shirt on BTW, so does this mean the good times are gonna return to Widnes? #sugardaddy

Funnily enough I saw a bloke in a Widnes shirt walking around Swindon town centre yesterday so he's probably spent it all on shopping. 

When I say he, I meant his wife has probably spent it all on shopping and he was carrying the many bags. ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

On 10/24/2018 at 9:09 AM, tim2 said:

I was thinking what I would do if I won that $1.6 billion US lottery. Buying a rugby league club should burn that in about 3 years.

$1.6bn........ enough to bribe enough on Salford City Council planning committee to let us build a new stadium., Then we need to build it.

Inside No. 9 Live was perfect halloween fodder.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!