The TV Thread

On 2/18/2019 at 5:17 PM, graveyard johnny said:

we looked after our friends 2 yr old at the weekend for a few hours, she insisted on watching "moon and me" on bbc catch up, now this really is weird stuff, in fact its like the stuff of nightmares, don't know whos behind it but believe me its strange.

Yeh i saw this too recently...what is going on with their eyes? 

Star trek discovery 2nd series up to ep 8 and have to say it is excellent set 10 years before the original series with clips from that series. captain pike captain of the discovery with a very young spock, well worth a watch.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

1 hour ago, my missus said:

Star trek discovery 2nd series up to ep 8 and have to say it is excellent set 10 years before the original series with clips from that series. captain pike captain of the discovery with a very young spock, well worth a watch.

You seem to have a wildly different view of it from the others on here who’ve seen it!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just finished the Netflix series The Order. While I’m not sure I’m the target audience I really enjoyed it. The first few episodes were a little confused while it figured out what it wanted to be, but in the end it was enjoyable if ultimately forgettable. That said I hope there’s a season 2. 

(Favourite line from the series “I’m not an alcoholic, I’m an aficionado”)

19 hours ago, my missus said:

I’m afraid I had to give up on STD when I realised I cared more for a ball of snot on the Orville than any of the cast of std. 

wouldn’t do if we all liked the same stuff though. 

23 hours ago, ckn said:

You seem to have a wildly different view of it from the others on here who’ve seen it!

this second series is better than the first by a long way and has been taken to by original trek fans and has been getting very good viewing figures hence a third series.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

50 minutes ago, RidingPie said:

Just started watching The Good Place (which I think was a recommendation earlier from this thread). We’ve really enjoyed it so far. It’s a lot of fun. 

Love it! Ted Danson is magic.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, jacksy said:

Love, Death and Robots is on Netflix

Been watching a few of these today. Some are really good. Others aren’t. Most of the ones with cats in have been oddly good (and this from someone who doesn’t like cats) the yoghurt one was dreadful, but quite interesting. Some have been boardering on hentai for their twisted imagery. 

• Like 1

Just now, RidingPie said:

Been watching a few of these today. Some are really good. Others aren’t. Most of the ones with cats in have been oddly good (and this from someone who doesn’t like cats) the yoghurt one was dreadful, but quite interesting. Some have been boardering on hentai for their twisted imagery. 

I watched the first one. It was ... to be honest I wanted to like it more. Beyond dark, very bloody and technically very good but also just ... I think the 18 year old me would have loved it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I watched the first one. It was ... to be honest I wanted to like it more. Beyond dark, very bloody and technically very good but also just ... I think the 18 year old me would have loved it.

Yeah the first was... not the best. As I said there are quite a few that are clear misses. 

2 hours ago, RidingPie said:

Yeah the first was... not the best. As I said there are quite a few that are clear misses. 

I enjoyed the second one: Three Robots.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The wife and I binge watched the second half of series 2 of Timeless last night on Netflix, then wondered when series 3 would be on and noticed there was a two-hour finale closing the show down instead of a series 3listed on IMDB.  Netflix aren’t showing that last big episode of the series. Now, that’s annoying...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 hours ago, ckn said:

The wife and I binge watched the second half of series 2 of Timeless last night on Netflix, then wondered when series 3 would be on and noticed there was a two-hour finale closing the show down instead of a series 3listed on IMDB.  Netflix aren’t showing that last big episode of the series. Now, that’s annoying...

Watched the first series of that. Not caught up on series 2 yet. May not bother until the finale appears. Bit of weird thing that not having that episode