The TV Thread

Just now, Shadow said:

+1 over here.

Quite an antidote to the MCU 

The baby scene is in Butchers words ''diabolical''

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

File this under: just enough about it to keep you interested. Could have done with fleshing out the minor characters a bit more and making the 'cop with personal problems' a bit less generic but it's decent.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Enjoying both This Way Up and Gameface on channel 4.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just giving episode 1 of 'The Boys' a try. I think I'll carry on with it for a bit. Certain tropes in common with 'The Tick', but in a less comedic manner.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 18:01, Shadow said:

flick over to Celebrity Eggheads if you really want to see thick

the thickest dimwits on uk quiz shows these days seem to be teachers- worryingly enough 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

the thickest dimwits on uk quiz shows these days seem to be teachers- worryingly enough 

And university students ... although sometimes  they’re doing make up studies or some such brilliant course 

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Just giving episode 1 of 'The Boys' a try. I think I'll carry on with it for a bit. Certain tropes in common with 'The Tick', but in a less comedic manner.

Just finished the Boys. It’s the best super hero show on tv. Ok that’s not the highest bar in the world, but it’s probably the best by some way. 

having trawled through the bbc iplayer  comedy section and got fed up of myself saying "is this supposed to be comedy" I decided to dust off an old dvd instead to watch "Steptoe and son ride again" - priceless genius that actually made me laugh for real

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

having trawled through the bbc iplayer  comedy section and got fed up of myself saying "is this supposed to be comedy" I decided to dust off an old dvd instead to watch "Steptoe and son ride again" - priceless genius that actually made me laugh for real

I did likewise last night, tried to find something that suited my sense of humour but drew a blank on the BBC iplayer, turned to YouTube as a last resort and watched the whole of the first series of Phoenix Nights.

Having watched it loads of times it still has me in stitches, much like Fawlty Towers does.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

I always preferred the ITV iplayer comedy section.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

On 07/08/2019 at 10:07, ivans82 said:

Keeping Faith is a good watch...apart from those annoying songs that go on forever they keep sticking in .

Love this. Very well cast.  I watch on iplayer so thank god I can skip the annoying songs

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

Just finished you vs wild on Netflix with Bear Grills. It’s kind of a choose you fate thing with you selecting what Bear does next. The kids have loved it and learned quite a bit about survival although I suspect from the amount of times we’ve nearly killed him I might not be allowed to be a scout leader. 

That said if anyone had told me one of the options would end up with Bear sleeping with a sheep I’d never have believed you. 

Not strictly a TV programme at all, but I  have just been watching a short film (16 minutes) by Simon Temple, imagining what might have happened if the infant Superman had crash-landed in 1930s Germany, instead of the USA. Mostly a two-hander, and worth a watch, so here it is:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson