The TV Thread

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

Started watching Killing Eve recently. Jody Comer is a fantastic actor. 

The whole thing's refreshingly insane, but the two leads are great.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've caught up with Peaky Blinders this last few weeks, I hadn't seen it before.

I'm now balls deep in Brooklyn 99, that's taking a little longer.

If I binge watch again I think I'll pace myself to a series then a break, sometimes programmes seem very repetitive.

31 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

I'm now balls deep in Brooklyn 99

Amy Santiago will do that to a man.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

I've caught up with Peaky Blinders this last few weeks, I hadn't seen it before.

I'm now balls deep in Brooklyn 99, that's taking a little longer.

If I binge watch again I think I'll pace myself to a series then a break, sometimes programmes seem very repetitive.

Re Peaky Blinders. Us, too. Up to S3 episode 2. Reminds of my secondary school days in deepest, darkest Salford (Leaf Square, Frederick Road/Broad St.) . BTW, the music playlist is available on BBC Sounds. Has to be the best music for a drama EVAH!!! The Red Right Hand..... 

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:58, Mark S said:

Started watching Killing Eve recently. Jody Comer is a fantastic actor. 

Caught up with series one after hearing how good it was at the BAFTA awards, saw S2, missed Ep3 and not gone back to it since. Watched S1 Life on Mars over weekend, forgot how odd it is, and funny too.

the dave spikey bullseyes are now been aired on challenge tv from 2006, I think the producers just thought substitute one northern comic for another would suffice, spikey looks like a rabbit in the headlights in these shows, more nervous and un comfortuble  than any of the contestants, the format still seemed to have substance but the ship had no captain, would like to see bullseye return but with a bit more thought from the production team

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

For those of a certain age, the TV spinoff of The Dark Crystal has just been released on Netflix. I haven't watched it yet, but the reactions have been very positive.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 08/09/2019 at 02:08, Trevorkfevfan said:

Just finished watching "The Vietnam War" series once again. Burns is excellent in his commentary.

I enjoy Burns' documentaries.

I'm not a baseball fan, but I was persuaded to buy the book based on his series.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

On 09/09/2019 at 18:17, Liverpool Rover said:

Tonight is the second episode of Only Connect so l will try to beat last weeks score of three. That was very good for me!

What the hell were that team on that won last night , i didn`t even know the answers when they were given never mind guess them in the first place , their brains must be seriously warped !

2 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

What the hell were that team on that won last night , i didn`t even know the answers when they were given never mind guess them in the first place , their brains must be seriously warped !

There were a couple that were obvious in hindsight but I didn't get any right. They must have been on some sort of PED for quizzes.

I've started watching Carnival Row on Prime and its fairly good. I think the makers must have really liked Black Sails (if they aren't the same people) as, though the theme and the tone are a bit darker (touching dare I say on Lovecraftian influences) it probably has the same ratio of action to gratuitous sex scenes and the intro is very similar.

On 09/09/2019 at 18:17, Liverpool Rover said:

Tonight is the second episode of Only Connect so l will try to beat last weeks score of three. That was very good for me!

I do quite well with these questions, I usually get 4 or 5 of the first 2 rounds, at least 2 on the connections wall, and usually very well at missing vowels. But  then I don't have a TV camera pointing at me.

Edited by Bleep1673