The TV Thread

18 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I would be enjoying The Mandalorian if I could legally watch it in this country, which I can’t so of course I haven’t seen the first four episodes. At all. Nope. Not me. 

The forth episode, which I didn’t watch, seemed a bit weak to me, but others seemed to love it.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The forth episode, which I didn’t watch, seemed a bit weak to me, but others seemed to love it.

I heard from a friend in California that it was a bit derivative of The Magnificent Seven. Apparently. I can’t wait until next year to find out.

54 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Is that the one where he finds himself painting a bridge forever?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Just had a pot of tea while sitting at the table next to Henning Berg, the German comedian who is on Have I Got News for You. I know it was him because as I was leaving I asked him. He was sitting on his own, so I didn't interrupt him.

He lives in Hastings, apparently. He mentioned on Fighting Talk once that the game he was most looking forward to that weekend was Hastings against Faversham.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I reckon you mean Henning Wehn??  Berg was the footballer. I've seen Henning Wehn a few times and, yes, he seems to have a habit of sitting around on his own both before and after performances. Excellent comedian who I hope to see a few more times yet!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

He lives in Hastings, apparently. He mentioned on Fighting Talk once that the game he was most looking forward to that weekend was Hastings against Faversham.

Yeah, him, good job I called him Henning then without his surname!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I'm going to miss Giri/ Haji very entertaining series.

As will I. Although I am not entirely confident that I understood how things stood at the conclusion?? Are we to assume that Yuto got back home to his child and lady friend and that Kenzo stayed in the UK with Sarah and Taki or did he do the honourable thing and return to Japan as well?? Would be interested in your own thoughts on this??

6 minutes ago, Wile E Cayote said:

The A Team - why would anybody hire them? They use millions of bullets and never hit anybody. Crazy Murdoch chappy isn't wanted for any crime and yet he aids and abets wanted felons every episode. Hannibal Smith smokes 500 fags and hour and never coughs.

It's madness...

You have to admit, they get the job done. Even if it involves getting B.A.Baracus on an aircraft.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just got rid of x factor celebs when another load of garbage called "masked singer" is the next piece of light entertainment/reality tripe being thrown our way in January .Surprisingly Davina Mccall is one of the "judges".............can`t wait !

The Chritmas University Challenge series for alumni started on BBC4 last night. I don't think I've seen someone look as smug as the captain of the Bristol team every time that he got a point.

I bet they love him at work.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 01/12/2019 at 23:01, Shadow said:

I heard from a friend in California that it was a bit derivative of The Magnificent Seven. Apparently. I can’t wait until next year to find out.

I heard some people really enjoyed the latest episode.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, ckn said:

On TV tonight

And it's superb.