The TV Thread

All 14 'Batman' window cameos: Jerry Lewis, Dick Clark, The Green Hornet & Kato, Sammy Davis Jr, Bill Dana (The Ed Sullivan Show), Howard Duff (Felony Squad), Werner Klemperer (Hogan's Heroes), Ted Cassidy (The Addams Family), Don Ho, Santa Claus, Art Linkletter, Edward G.Robinson, Suzy Knickerbocker (aka journalist Aileen Mehle), Cyril Lord (British entrepreneur, known as "The Carpet King").

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

crackerjack needs to be put straight in to the Saturday evening prime time family viewing  slot asap

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

11 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

crackerjack needs to be put straight in to the Saturday evening prime time family viewing  slot asap

It'll be on the kids' channel, where it belongs. Then you can complain that it is no longer presented by the originals (who are all dead and it's the BBC's fault): https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/crackerjack 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seeing the BBC’s last few efforts at “reinterpreting” source material, I have zero hope this will be be in the slightest bit watchable. And that makes me unhappy as that’s one of the best Terry Pratchett books.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Netflix are getting the Studio Ghibli films soon so that will be my lack of social life continuing even longer.

I mentioned elsewhere that I just cancelled my Netflix subscription. Happily, I have all the Studio Ghibli DVDs I need, including Miyazaki's best pre-Ghibli output.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, longboard said:

What about Timmy Mallett?

He has changed his name by deed poll to Mark Francois, so that's now a subject for the political subforum.

• Like 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Star Trek  Picard was a great  watch and even better if you are a trekkie and can pick up the links.

"Stand by for my stalkers to arrive and rant about something"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, longboard said:

What about Timmy Mallett?

I don't think he's in the same league of teeth-gnashery.

Haven't seen him lately and I don 't think he ever went out with Stan Collymore. I reckon he'd also recognise at least some of the songs on the Masked Singer.

And TBF he'd always have something handy that you could hit him with.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

22 hours ago, kiyan said:

Star Trek  Picard was a great  watch and even better if you are a trekkie and can pick up the links.

Or the "Ted and Ralph" subtext of the scenes with Picard and Data.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 26/01/2020 at 03:22, kiyan said:

Not seen it yet, but the reaction has been very positive (from normal people and Trekkies).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

35 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Not seen it yet, but the reaction has been very positive (from normal people and Trekkies).

I concur

I'm a normal person who liked it  

My wife, a Trekkie,  also liked it 

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Like 2
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

8 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Watching a T-Rex drive a Mercedes while bring hit in the head by golf balls is absolutely hilarious ? 

Oh yeah, Top Gear is back 

I watched that and him running round in the suit really made me laugh. I saw Fr4eddie still had the bowling action when trying to hit Paddy's windows.

How the hell he did that drop over the dam though I'll never know.

• Like 1

great to see captain jack harkness making a return to Dr Who last  night.

Edited by my missus
  • Like 1

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

7 hours ago, my missus said:

great to see captain jack harkness making a return to Dr Who last nast night.

Cracking episode in an excellent series so far.

The joyless naysayers are missing a treat.

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

Cracking episode in an excellent series so far.

The joyless naysayers are missing a treat.

I’m still not convinced. I liked the Spyfall story, not so much the next one. 

I’ll catch up at some point this week

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

I’m not a Dr Who fan but my Mrs is and thinks Jodie Whittaker is a great Dr. But she told me she turned Sunday’s episode over as it was rubbish? I was at work so didn’t see it anyway but it really surprised me as she’s been very enthusiastic about the new series so far. 

i thought it was a good episode it was a set up episode for the future introducing # new ###### and as i said before captain jack.

• Like 1

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)