The TV Thread

On 21/03/2020 at 18:53, ckn said:

Man in the High Castle very short review with heavy spoilers of the entire thing start to end.

Reveal hidden contents

Slow first series, great 2nd and 3rd. 4th went weird with it all being about black female leader saving the day in the western states, but it built up nicely. Penultimate episode excellent! Final episode, WTF. Just WTF. It makes the Game of Thrones finale look like a modern masterpiece. Beyond abysmal with folk just walking out of a tunnel making no sense and all the redemption story options written off, as well as leaving overwhelmingly huge storylines open.

I feel robbed. That was an atrocious ending.

Very few programmes seem able to end well. The best ending, of a long running series, that I've seen is Justified. 

Definitely, in my opinion, worth watching. 

• Like 2
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

On 24/03/2020 at 08:39, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Very few programmes seem able to end well. The best ending, of a long running series, that I've seen is Justified. 

Definitely, in my opinion, worth watching. 

Big fan although I have only got to the end of series 3 so far

1 hour ago, Jeff Stein said:

I rather liked Sue Perkins' travelogues. Never seen anything they have done together before that I recall

As a couple they are useless, I agree her travelogue was good, but when the two of them are together trying to be funny, they are tedious 

3 hours ago, Jeff Stein said:

I rather liked Sue Perkins' travelogues. Never seen anything they have done together before that I recall

I've seen and heard other things of theirs, mostly from Sue. I have recently been revisiting a couple of radio comedy shows she hosted - The 99p Challenge and Dilemma. Both are enjoyable. I also enjoyed her teaming up with Giles Coren in The Supersizers, which was an odd mixture of personalities that actually worked.

Their big TV break was Light Lunch, a daytime TV show that I didn't see, but got them a following. Their biggest mistake was taking on the poisoned chalice that was the reboot of The Generation Game

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Not sure whether to put this on here, or the film thread, but

Ch 321 2100 is Blade Runner 2049.

I have the DVD.

Ch 321 on which platform?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

It on 321 sky, nearly finished

Sony movies

Sorry, I thought people would check. If it's not on one platform, check another.

Easier to say the name of the channel, as it'll be different numbers for different people.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 24/03/2020 at 10:02, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I second that, absolutely love justified, one of my favourite series. 

I third it...my fav American series ever. Brilliant from start to finish...Raylan...what a geezer ? Funnily enough decided to start re watching it last night.

7 minutes ago, metallithrax said:

Been watching a fair bit of Forces TV recently.  Dukes of hazzard, Robins Nest, Get Some In!, Tripper's Day, Nightingales, Miami Vice and others and also military documentaries.

That's a channel I keep forgetting to check up on, but they show some good old repeats. I am a particular fan of Nightingales.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

48 minutes ago, metallithrax said:

Yeah, love Nightingales.  The older shows take me back, always liked Dukes of Hazzard as well.

"There ain't nobody here but us chickens..."

nightingales.jpg

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson