The TV Thread

50 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Who done it? 

PS Did you know any of the "celebrities"? 

Lady Helena and the lawyer she was having an affair with 

Yes all of them . Including bang up to date luminaries like John Sergeant Sue Pollard and Angela Rippon 

Edited by DavidM

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

I was playing with my new phone last night, and I saw an icon at the top that I didn't recognise, so I pressed it. It linked my phone to my TV.

Being able to cast to a big screen is great, especially for RL matches on YouTube.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

37 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, they farm them for meat. Mate was there a few years ago and was going to try GP but his girlfriend 'persuaded' him otherwise. 

A Peruvian depiction of the last supper, and the main dish is...

guiena%20pig.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, they farm them for meat. Mate was there a few years ago and was going to try GP but his girlfriend 'persuaded' him otherwise. 

Yeah, I know that kind of persuasion. "If you eat L'Escargot, we're finished", gentle, but persuasive.

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Being able to cast to a big screen is great, especially for RL matches on YouTube.

Thing is, I already have a hdmi computer to tv cable for watching most of my DVD's (except US imports), so I never even thought about it, especially as my tv has youtube on it anyway.

onight, Sky Channel 328, Talking Pictures - 21:15, This Sporting Life, with Richard Harris, Starring 1960's Belle Vue, Wakefield.

Just caught up with this film,enjoyed it, but i had a workshop at back a rugby ground in late 60s, and i cant remember the 2 cooling towers in background, anyone shed any light on were they stood ?.

HIGNFY is less funny in a working from home format than our team meetings at work. 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

10 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

They seemed to be trying too hard. It wasn't good!

It does show the psychology works for the laughter tracks and live audiences laughing. 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

They didn't try to do that surely ?

They spent about half the show making comments about each other’s backgrounds in their home. “Are you running a video shop?”, “That’s a lot of books”, “Your neighbours are noisy”

The sort of stuff that our lot all got out of the way in the first few team meetings at work. But we were funnier as we had personal contexts all to chuckle along to.

It really was about as funny as catching herpes.

The timing on HIGNFY was, for obvious reasons, a bit off, plus people starting to talk simultaneously before stopping and starting again. Very awkward.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, ckn said:

HIGNFY is less funny in a working from home format than our team meetings at work. 

same as question of sport - funny 15 years ago but not anymore - time for the axe to fall

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 hours ago, ckn said:

They spent about half the show making comments about each other’s backgrounds in their home. “Are you running a video shop?”, “That’s a lot of books”, “Your neighbours are noisy”

The sort of stuff that our lot all got out of the way in the first few team meetings at work. But we were funnier as we had personal contexts all to chuckle along to.

It really was about as funny as catching herpes.

The answer is in the title , HIGNFY , current news isn't funny , we can laugh at each other on here , but that's different