The TV Thread

19 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

same as question of sport - funny 15 years ago but not anymore - time for the axe to fall

Don’t think I’ve watched it regularly since Bill Beaumont and David Coleman . I’ve flicked on and quickly off . Some shows that go on and on it’s just flogging a dead horse 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Don’t think I’ve watched it regularly since Bill Beaumont and David Coleman . I’ve flicked on and quickly off . Some shows that go on and on it’s just flogging a dead horse 

The regulars try far to hard to be funny. Needs putting out of its misery.

On 04/04/2020 at 09:51, ckn said:

It really was about as funny as catching herpes.

I think you better keep 3m apart mate not 2!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, Mark S said:

The regulars try far to hard to be funny. Needs putting out of its misery.

The shame about QoS is that, once you take the strenuous laddishness out of it, there's a decent quiz show buried there. I rarely watch it, but when I do, there's a real mixture of difficulty in the questions and a pretty broad range of sports covered.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I think you better keep 3m apart mate not 2!

Leeds winning a cup final is about as unlikely as catching herpes when under lock-down, or even as unlikely as a Salford appearance at Wembely

A new series of 'Killing Eve' is coming very soon. Excited, but equally apprehensive.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anybody watch Sky Sport's biography of Kevin Pieterson? Fascinating to see a bloke in love with himself for thirty years and no sign of it stopping.

His friend Piers Morgan came across as just as pleasant as I thought he would.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Just now, Wolford6 said:

Anybody watch Sky Sport's biography of Kevin Pieterson? Fascinating to see a bloke in love with himself for thirty years and no sign of it stopping.

Yup. Seen it. He's not that pleasant a character. Neither is Piers

4 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

He was still the best batsmen I’ve ever seen for England . Sure he had  a big ego to go with a big talent , but it was as much a failure of leadership  in handling him , and a situation where his ‘ teammates ‘ were just as culpable in making the situation deteriorate . Guys like Swann , Prior and Broad don’t come well out of it either . They basically wanted rid of him and the leadership sided with them . I’m a big KP fan , but his background and character always meant it was going to be a temporary marriage of convenience with the cosy ‘ in crowd ‘ of English cricket . I loved his attitude personally but he rocked the boat and they threw him overboard when he they thought he wasn’t as indispensable 

Edited by DavidM

6 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Yup. Seen it. He's not that pleasant a character. Neither is Piers

It’s funny how siblings can be complete opposites. His brother Tony is a lovely bloke. He’s a vicar in Workington believe it or not !

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

the bbc are putting some right dross on box sets comedy wise to cheer us all up-French and bleeding saunders!!!!- total tripe most of it apart from the  league of gentlemen  and inside no9- wheres Steptoe? blackadder? or one foot?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Guilty Pleasure:

I skyplus the Janey Kirk Show on weekly record. I then watch it while doing sudoku or the crossword.

Some are the acts are dire, most are good and I'm a sucker for country music. She occasionally has a remarkable old video that you won't see anywhere else (e.g Mamas and Papas this week)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I got the Disney+ thing last night. Grudgingly and only for certain things. I’m now convinced it offers at least as good value for money as Netflix. A LONG list of things we’d watch.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

14 minutes ago, ckn said:

I got the Disney+ thing last night. Grudgingly and only for certain things. I’m now convinced it offers at least as good value for money as Netflix. A LONG list of things we’d watch.

Here's a list, for those interested: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a31248528/disney-plus-content-list/ 

Ralph Waldo Emerson