The TV Thread

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I can honestly say I’ve never say at home before on Easter Sunday  watching the world axe throwing championships 

I will be throwing one at the tv if this goes on much longer

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 09/04/2020 at 19:52, graveyard johnny said:

the bbc are putting some right dross on box sets comedy wise to cheer us all up-French and bleeding saunders!!!!- total tripe most of it apart from the  league of gentlemen  and inside no9- wheres Steptoe? blackadder? or one foot?

They have just shown The Titfield Thunderbolt, The Lavender Hill Mob and The Lady Killers three afternoons in succession. Comedy doesn't come much better than that.

Away from comedy they are showing the entire run of Spooks on iPlayer

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Been watching through all the series and episodes on Amazon Prime of two programmes packed full of pop culture references both from around 2010: Psych and Community. Love both and find them endlessly amusing. Psych is a comedy detective series, where the protagonist pretends to be a psychic to hide his observational skills when solving crimes. Community is a sitcom set in a pretty hopeless American college. Both have likeable ensemble casts, where even those with negative character traits are not unpleasant or pitiful. There is no humour of spite in the shows. Both also played with their genres  and are happy to get somewhat surreal.

8 minutes ago, Jeff Stein said:

Been watching through all the series and episodes on Amazon Prime of two programmes packed full of pop culture references both from around 2010: Psych and Community. Love both and find them endlessly amusing. Psych is a comedy detective series, where the protagonist pretends to be a psychic to hide his observational skills when solving crimes. Community is a sitcom set in a pretty hopeless American college. Both have likeable ensemble casts, where even those with negative character traits are not unpleasant or pitiful. There is no humour of spite in the shows. Both also played with their genres  and are happy to get somewhat surreal.

I'm a big fan of Community.  Not see the other one so might give it a go!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Wifes managed to get u tube linked to telly in front room so am sorted with plenty of brisca racing inc world finals to keep me indoors for weeks,, even got steptoe and love thy neighbor,hawii five o. hogans heroes and mash.:kolobok_popcorm1:

1 hour ago, silverback said:

Wifes managed to get u tube linked to telly in front room so am sorted with plenty of brisca racing inc world finals to keep me indoors for weeks,, even got steptoe and love thy neighbor,hawii five o. hogans heroes and mash.:kolobok_popcorm1:

Now you've got the connection to the TV, your next step should be to subscribe to this account: https://www.youtube.com/user/shaun123387 

I don't know who this Shaun is, but he uploads tons of RL stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm watching this, for obvious reasons.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

New episode of Car Share available on iPlayer tomorrow - audio only for obvious reasons as only recorded last week. Be interesting to see how it translates to an audio version.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Now you've got the connection to the TV, your next step should be to subscribe to this account: https://www.youtube.com/user/shaun123387 

Thanks for that. Just had a quick look, there's some cracking games on there. Long may this lockdown continue while I get through them all! ?

• Like 1

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

5 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Thanks for that. Just had a quick look, there's some cracking games on there. Long may this lockdown continue while I get through them all! ?

For best use of YouTube, either create an account or log in with your Google account, if you have one. If you haven't already, that is - so many people I know use YouTube a lot without an account and it is far more convenient to have one.

In everyday browsing, if someone posts an interesting YT video on here, or twitter, or wherever, you just click the "Watch Later" button, then catch up with all those videos in one place when you have the time. It also allows you to subscribe to Shaun, to the NRL account and many others. RLCares uploads videos, as do many others. BarTV have tons of live and recorded RL from Down Under.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

For best use of YouTube, either create an account or log in with your Google account, if you have one. If you haven't already, that is - so many people I know use YouTube a lot without an account and it is far more convenient to have one.

In everyday browsing, if someone posts an interesting YT video on here, or twitter, or wherever, you just click the "Watch Later" button, then catch up with all those videos in one place when you have the time. It also allows you to subscribe to Shaun, to the NRL account and many others. RLCares uploads videos, as do many others. BarTV have tons of live and recorded RL from Down Under.

Oh, and if you're wondering, you can delete your account's viewing history. :kolobok_wink:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Thanks for the advice, but I already do that. I have a wide selection of subscriptions and could already spend more time on there than is probably healthy! Having Smart TV along with the facility to cast to it from PC or mobile phone probably doesn't help.

On 12/04/2020 at 15:20, Futtocks said:

Thanks for the link it kept me busy, managed to get 5 more killing eves in too today.

This has probably been asked somewhere else, but what is the point of Britbox? £5.99/m for programmes you can see on iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, and My5. Is it because they are going to shut those services off, or do you get access to exclusive content, or alternative content?

Imagine playing a game of rugby against a team with Piers Morgan in it. He is the sort of bloke where, within the first few minutes, you would get your apology prepared in case you accidentally trod on him.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police