The TV Thread

Last week I watched all the episodes of Line of Duty/ 30 hours in total, absolutely brilliant watching. Then started on Tiger King, gave up after 1 hour, they were all typical American fruitcakes, could not stand another minute  of that garbage. However,plenty of people seem to like it, my son quite enjoyed it, I actually thought he had more intelligence than that.

Back to Dinner Ladies once again last night I think we needed both the laugh and the idea that the world isn't always grim especially up north.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 hours ago, Oxford said:

Back to Dinner Ladies once again last night I think we needed both the laugh and the idea that the world isn't always grim especially up north.

what channel?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Have I Got News For You seemed to run a bit better tonight.  I think they are getting a better idea how to pace the programme without an audience. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

8 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Have I Got News For You seemed to run a bit better tonight.  I think they are getting a better idea how to pace the programme without an audience. 

It is one hell of a learning curve. The News Quiz returned to Radio 4 yesterday too, and they are having to adapt in the same way.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 06/04/2020 at 21:03, Futtocks said:

A new series of 'Killing Eve' is coming very soon. Excited, but equally apprehensive.

I watched the first episode of series 3, and it was not a disappointment.

Phew!

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's isolation for you - I just reactivated my Netflix account.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

We’re watching Spooks. Halfway through season 2 and so far it’s a mix of very good episodes and outright naff ones

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 15/04/2020 at 18:13, fairfolly said:

Last week I watched all the episodes of Line of Duty/ 30 hours in total, absolutely brilliant watching. Then started on Tiger King, gave up after 1 hour, they were all typical American fruitcakes, could not stand another minute  of that garbage. However,plenty of people seem to like it, my son quite enjoyed it, I actually thought he had more intelligence than that.

It's worth persevering with because, just when you think it can't get any more insane, it does. Then you think it's all a wind-up, and Google it. It's true. Or is it? Is it all a massive long con, where Trump pardons <spolier redacted> in October to get his ratings up? Is Carole's husband hiding out in the Everglades?

Coming to Netflix in October - "Tiger King 2 - the Redemption"

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

On 12/04/2020 at 13:05, Bedford Roughyed said:

I'm a big fan of Community.  Not see the other one so might give it a go!

Thanks for the tip. I've been wondering whether to try it. I might need some gentle humour - I've been watching too many Netflix Comedy Specials where they are trying to outdo each other in revealing too much personal information, bragging how much pot they smoked, and seeing how many times they can say c*** or m*****f*****

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I watched the first episode of series 3, and it was not a disappointment.

Phew!

I did not care for Killing Eve. There, I've said it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tim2 said:

I did not care for Killing Eve. There, I've said it.

Now that's a totally different thread - TV shows everyone raves about but you don't like. 

For me it's... 

...dare I say it... 

...c'mon, be brave... 

...I don't like Game of Thrones

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Just now, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Now that's a totally different thread - TV shows everyone raves about but you don't like. 

For me it's... 

...dare I say it... 

...c'mon, be brave... 

I watched a few episodes but didn't get dragged in. I can see how epic dramas like that do work, though. And it has boobs. And dwarf sex.

10 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

For me it's... 

...dare I say it... 

...c'mon, be brave... 

First season was all about how many boobs they could get in and exaggerating the plot. Second onwards we’re good. The last season was a disgrace how bad it was. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

56 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

That could be a thread, contributing to which would take up every remaining second of Graveyard Johnny's life.

• Haha 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mrs Shadow, after me telling her last year how great "After Life" was, refused to watch it on the basis of not liking Ricky Gervais, apart from Extras and life on the road and Ghost Town and Night at the Museum. What she meant was she didn't like the Office.

Gervais appears on Graham Norton plugging series two, she decides she might give one a go and has now binged episodes 1 - 5 of series one in two sittings. Much like when she didn't want to go the Rewind Festival until her hairdresser told her it was brilliant or when we didn't watch Tiger King until Theresa at work said it was good. Basically, advice is only accepted if it comes from anyone other than me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

Mrs Shadow, after me telling her last year how great "After Life" was, refused to watch it on the basis of not liking Ricky Gervais, apart from Extras and life on the road and Ghost Town and Night at the Museum. What she meant was she didn't like the Office.

Gervais appears on Graham Norton plugging series two, she decides she might give one a go and has now binged episodes 1 - 5 of series one in two sittings. Much like when she didn't want to go the Rewind Festival until her hairdresser told her it was brilliant or when we didn't watch Tiger King until Theresa at work said it was good. Basically, advice is only accepted if it comes from anyone other than me.

Considering your preferred code of rugby, I do not blame her. 

14 hours ago, Shadow said:

I dont like anything Gervaise has done. 3rd most overrated actor, IMO. He would be 2nd, but I dont want to overate him

• Like 1

Saturday/Daily kitchen should be binned Matt Tebbutt is duller than watching Featherstone. & that tattooed princess who is co-presenting is a worse cook than my ex-wife, who could burn boiled eggs.

Edited by Bleep1673

On 18/04/2020 at 18:10, ckn said:

First season was all about how many boobs they could get in and exaggerating the plot. Second onwards we’re good. The last season was a disgrace how bad it was. 

I preferred the first season's approach....

On 18/04/2020 at 18:10, ckn said:

I preferred the first season's approach....

21 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Did you mean to post that twice or did you boob?

Boobs tend to come in pairs.

Ralph Waldo Emerson