The TV Thread

20 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Devs.......watched the first episode , totally baffled ......watched the 2nd total dross....stuck with it for episode 3.......must be the dullest thing ever televised ......learnt my lesson and given up .......same old dull tuneless songs running through it which unfortunately have leaked through to other shows  , Killing Eve , Our Girl to name just 2 .

I thought it started out OK and I watched it through to the end. If you bailed out after episode 3 you made a wise move.

Interesting to see the BBC highlights programme of the 1981 1st London Marathon yesterday, and the chaos at the finishing line.Did you see how narrow the line was, and all the helpers behind the line almost stopping people from getting through. It was great to see it run as an Amateur event too, and watching JPR Williams's sideburns finish 30 seconds ahead of him.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

I thought it was a documentary 

no,that was rubbish with wannabe gangsters been tough with masks on.

This is a great drama,

Gangs of London

British drama series

Description

8.7/10 · IMDb

Description

The city of London is being torn apart by the turbulent power struggles of the international gangs that control it and the sudden power vacuum that's created when the head of London's most powerful crime family is assassinated.

Number of episodes: 10

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yet to try "Gangs Of London" but on my "to do" list. I did watch the latest version of Van Der Valk with Marc Warren. I was a tad sceptical at first as my previous sightings of Warren were as very flakey characters. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this. Just a shame there are a mere three episodes!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

Yet to try "Gangs Of London" but on my "to do" list. I did watch the latest version of Van Der Valk with Marc Warren. I was a tad sceptical at first as my previous sightings of Warren were as very flakey characters. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this. Just a shame there are a mere three episodes!

First 2 and your hooked..:kolobok_popcorm1:Please report back with a rating..

49 minutes ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

Another 80's classic they are remaking is Bergerac

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Another 80's classic they are remaking is Bergerac

Who's been cast as Jim and Charlie?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 20/04/2020 at 11:52, Bleep1673 said:

Saturday/Daily kitchen should be binned Matt Tebbutt is duller than watching Featherstone.

????

Watching Fev is many things. Irritating. Annoying. Exhilarating. Anxiety promoting. Delirium promoting. 

But NEVER dull.

Now.... I watched casualty that the memsahib recorded yesterday as I was bored. Now that WAS dull. Time to send that series on a one way ticket to Zurich. 

Watched this last night, superb.  Bob Monkhouse - The Last Stand.  Knowing he is dying, in summer of 2003 Bob Monkhouse entertains a room full of comedians with stand up, memories, chat and a comedy masterclass.  The night became the stuff of legends among comedians, but was not transmitted until long after his death.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website