The TV Thread

One of the side effects of lockdown will be  people like Michael Portillo , Chris Tarrant , Tony Robinson and all the rest having to stay at home ... and so celebs won’t be able to jolly around the world in luxury having a spiffing time on our dosh telling us how wonderful all these places are I’ll never go to . Pompous chefs , and comedians who think they’re funny but really aren’t are up there with the worst 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Watching the Smokey Robinson one this morning.

He looked like he's had more work done on his face than Carol Vorderman. Put me off a bit to be honest. Pity, because he's a genius.

• Like 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

27 minutes ago, DavidM said:

One of the side effects of lockdown will be  people like Michael Portillo , Chris Tarrant , Tony Robinson and all the rest having to stay at home ... and so celebs won’t be able to jolly around the world in luxury having a spiffing time on our dosh telling us how wonderful all these places are I’ll never go to . Pompous chefs , and comedians who think they’re funny but really aren’t are up there with the worst 

I do enjoy the travelogue, but only because I know they dont suffer like real people. 

How many people on here have turned up to find accommodation cancelled,  or non existent, or is actually a s##t hole hostel - again, Clichy. Damn Turin.

Or turning up at a dreaded hostel, only to find it's almost 5*, Ostend, Amsterdam, Kelvinside.

I never booked ahead when I went to Sydney. That was fun, staying in a dorm with 8 Scandi girls.

9 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I do enjoy the travelogue, but only because I know they dont suffer like real people. 

How many people on here have turned up to find accommodation cancelled,  or non existent, or is actually a s##t hole hostel - again, Clichy. Damn Turin.

Or turning up at a dreaded hostel, only to find it's almost 5*, Ostend, Amsterdam, Kelvinside.

I never booked ahead when I went to Sydney. That was fun, staying in a dorm with 8 Scandi girls.

Indeed . It’s funny and of course totally coincidental that everywhere they go it’s perfectly set up for them ... and everyone is waiting for them . ‘ Hello Michael , lovely to meet you . I’ve put you in the Imperial suite . In fact I’ve threw everybody out so you can have the whole floor . And the tea room where you have to book a year in advance , it’s open just for you ‘ . And that crew of 27 people behind you carrying your bags will get the next train to wait for you 

It has become a running joke for me and my Mum that Portillo never gets off any train with any luggage. Having said that I didn't think his programme about empire last night was too bad. He certainly didn''t make any effort to pretend England's involvement in India was benign.

27 minutes ago, Jeff Stein said:

It has become a running joke for me and my Mum that Portillo never gets off any train with any luggage. Having said that I didn't think his programme about empire last night was too bad. He certainly didn''t make any effort to pretend England's involvement in India was benign.

I saw Portillo in Rye, heading to Hastings, no luggage, a sound girl & one cameraman. Luggage obviously transported by road. No on board VTR because of the school idiots behind taking the Mickey.

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

I saw Portillo in Rye, heading to Hastings, no luggage, a sound girl & one cameraman. Luggage obviously transported by road. No on board VTR because of the school idiots behind taking the Mickey.

Hilarious 45 mins

3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I was laughing so much I though I would wet myself, the Kids from Rye Academy were playing up to him almost like a mixed St Trinians, and he glowered all the way to Ore where his car picked him up. Funny as F###.

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

I was laughing so much I though I would wet myself, the Kids from Rye Academy were playing up to him almost like a mixed St Trinians, and he glowered all the way to Ore where his car picked him up. Funny as F###.

I bet they have to edit out plenty where he gets absolute pelters . Usually they try to minimise it by allowing virtually no one else on his carriage 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I bet they have to edit out plenty where he gets absolute pelters . Usually they try to minimise it by allowing virtually no one else on his carriage 

I shook hands with every kid on that train, at Hastings, most of them hot on a train back because they lived in Ore or Winchelsea.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Someone who dresses ##### like, as does Portillo deserves it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

If we can produce Gina G, Oh Ah, and Katrina, Love Shine A Light, how can we project Scooch ffs?

No mention of Jemini on this evening's programmes, I assume?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If there are any western fans (like me) out there and you have access to Netflix, I can recommend "Godless", a short series of seven episodes with Jeff Daniels as the "baddie"! Its one of TV's better efforts much along the lines of "Deadwood".

I have been watching early episodes of Death in Paradise, strange to see S2 Ep6 as Ralf Little as the bad guy, then turn up as the Inspector in a later series. Maybe Guadaloupe has a very liberal stance on rehabilitation.?

St Marie, Honoré

Edited by Bleep1673

3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I have been watching early episodes of Death in Paradise, strange to see S2 Ep6 as Ralf Little as the bad guy, then turn up as the Inspector in a later series. Maybe Guadaloupe has a very liberal stance on rehabilitation.?

St Marie, Honoré

Early on it was pretty strong and I liked Ben Miller . But boy it’s a dead horse being truly flogged lately . And it must be the most formulaic show in history . There’s a whole island but only one of four people who could have done it every week , who coincidentally they already have pictures of they can stick on the board .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Early on it was pretty strong and I liked Ben Miller . But boy it’s a dead horse being truly flogged lately . And it must be the most formulaic show in history . There’s a whole island but only one of four people who could have done it every week , who coincidentally they already have pictures of they can stick on the board .

I agree. Recently it has been dreadful, they need to go beyond a UK based inspector, who hates the heat, while being furloughed for some invisible misdemeanor. 

Maybe, as it is a French Province, introduce Inspector Clousou. No, that would be worse than Ardal O'Hanlan.

It needs an new injection.

Kill Don Warrington?

Kill Catherine?

Link two or three shows to one Murder?

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I agree. Recently it has been dreadful, they need to go beyond a UK based inspector, who hates the heat, while being furloughed for some invisible misdemeanor. 

Maybe, as it is a French Province, introduce Inspector Clousou. No, that would be worse than Ardal O'Hanlan.

It needs an new injection.

Kill Don Warrington?

Kill Catherine?

Link two or three shows to one Murder?

Kill off the writers and get someone who can think up something new ..?