The TV Thread

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Kill off the writers and get someone who can think up something new ..?

I have been to Jamaica,  after 3 days you get used to the heat & humidity,  why are these idiots still wiping themselves down, like plantation owners, after 3 series?

On 16/05/2020 at 18:17, Spidey said:

Belated thanks to @John Drake as have just signed up to britbox to watch the old Dr Who’s  

It's made lockdown bearable for me. 

I already own them all on DVD, but it's so much easier streaming them. I gave up on the mission of watching them all in order, as some of those early Hartnell ones are a bit dull tbh. I swear that time actually does go into reverse anytime I attempt to watch The Web Planet or The Sensorites (even though the latter has Peter 'Crackerjack!' Glaze in it) but I'll never grow tired of watching Tom Baker at his best in the mid-70s golden era.

I've also watched Hetty Wainthropp Investigates on there, but that's another story. ?

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I already own them all on DVD, but it's so much easier streaming them. I gave up on the mission of watching them all in order, as some of those early Hartnell ones are a bit dull tbh. I swear that time actually does go into reverse anytime I attempt to watch The Web Planet or The Sensorites (even though the latter has Peter 'Crackerjack!' Glaze in it) but I'll never grow tired of watching Tom Baker at his best in the mid-70s golden era.

I've also watched Hetty Wainthropp Investigates on there, but that's another story. ?

Ah a fellow Whovian. I love classic Who, not too keen on NuWho but have watched them all......once, and only once it will stay.

Recently watched a story from each  Doctor. Started with Space Museum, then , Invasion, The Daemons, Seeds Of Doom, Arc Of Infinity,  Trial of a Time Lord ( 9-14), Ghostlight., then enjoyed it so much went through the process again with, Tenth Planet, The Web Of Fear, Monster Of Peladon, Invasion of Time,  Earthshock, Timelash, and Remembrance Of The Daleks. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Good start to the Eurovision night

Ooh ahh, just a little bit of Gina G

The Beeb went a bit Eurovision mad last night. 

Not that I'm complaining! ?

For the record, the votes of the Bradford jury would have been going to Iceland (quirky and contemporary), Italy (top notch power ballad), Ireland (Katy Perry inspired Europop), Russia (mad as a box of frogs) and Ukraine (mesmerisingly strange). Shame we didn't get to hear more of them on the main show, there were plenty of good entries this year, but YouTube has them all preserved for posterity.

11 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I’ve skipped 1&2 and started with Jon Pertwee. Taking a while to get used to the slower pace but so far so good 

9 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Ah a fellow Whovian. I love classic Who, not too keen on NuWho but have watched them all......once, and only once it will stay.

Recently watched a story from each  Doctor. Started with Space Museum, then , Invasion, The Daemons, Seeds Of Doom, Arc Of Infinity,  Trial of a Time Lord ( 9-14), Ghostlight., then enjoyed it so much went through the process again with, Tenth Planet, The Web Of Fear, Monster Of Peladon, Invasion of Time,  Earthshock, Timelash, and Remembrance Of The Daleks. 

I love it all. The old, the new, the good, the bad and the wobbly. ?

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I’ve skipped 1&2 and started with Jon Pertwee. Taking a while to get used to the slower pace but so far so good 

Pertwee picks up speed after the first season. Those early seven parters are hard work.

I'm currently watching his final season. Not that well regarded by many fans, but it's one of my favourites as it's the time I became absolutely hooked on Doctor Who as a kid, and the opening titles that year are still the best ever, IMO.

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

The Beeb went a bit Eurovision mad last night. 

Not that I'm complaining! ?

For the record, the votes of the Bradford jury would have been going to Iceland (quirky and contemporary), Italy (top notch power ballad), Ireland (Katy Perry inspired Europop), Russia (mad as a box of frogs) and Ukraine (mesmerisingly strange). Shame we didn't get to hear more of them on the main show, there were plenty of good entries this year, but YouTube has them all preserved for posterity.

Box of frogs? They all are. I missed the total madness that should've been last night.

11 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Give half retired ex-Eastenders actors a holiday? It has lost its charm, it needs beefing up, it maybe needs a half-way CSI type moosh 

Pretty much every working british actor has been though its doors.  I can see why they like a couple of weeks on the island while being paid!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

14 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Box of frogs? They all are. I missed the total madness that should've been last night.

Treat yourself to this instead. The EBU/BBC have uploaded the 1974 ESC, hosted in Brighton, in full on YouTube for one week only.

Featuring ABBA, Olivia Newton-John, Katie Boyle, a beardy bloke from Netherlands with a fake hurdy-gurdy, a song that started a revolution, another song that influenced a referendum (allegedly), an incomprehensible scoring system and lots and lots of polyester.

What's not to like?

• Thanks 1

We've been re watching Spooks since lockdown started. I only picked it up in 2007, after I met my now wife, so early series were new to me. Series 10 was completed on Saturday evening, so just the film left. 

It surprised me how little it felt to have aged given it started in 2002, with the only things that really dated it to me were the cars, mobile phones and a fixation with boot cut jeans for the lead characters. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Started on the last dance on netflix......and 3.30 am I went to bed. ?.

That's why I haven't started Babylon Berlin Series III on Sky and White Lines on Netflix.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Great film last night, Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars, I have the box set of the next ones, A few Dollars More, Good, Bad & Ugly & Hang 'em High, although the most understated one was On A Pale Horse.

Spaghetti westerns were always great, even though they were filmed in Spain

Sergio Leoni was as atmospheric as the Ghibli films are.

Edited by Bleep1673

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Great film last night, Clint Eastwood in A Fistful of Dollars, I have the box set of the next ones, A few Dollars More, Good, Bad & Ugly & Hang 'em High, although the most understated one was On A Pale Horse.

Spaghetti westerns were always great, even though they were filmed in Spain

Sergio Leoni was as atmospheric as the Ghibli films are.

Pale Rider?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson