The TV Thread

What We Do In The Shadows is back on BBC2.  Great guest star in Benedict Wong on episode 1 of series 2.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

17 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

My 20 year old son, and his parents, has been remembering his childhood by watching Recess on Disney+. 

I've come to the conclusion that Recess is the greatest cartoon of all time and is completely wasted on kids. 

MV5BMThkNmIxNzAtM2Q3OC00ZjIxLWE1MjMtZjQxODRhZjU5ZTFkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk1Njg5NTA@._V1_UY1200_CR93,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Recess is brilliant. Very educational too.

I loved the summer special where they all went back to the sixties. 

• Like 1

Interesting to watch The Salisbury Poisonings on BBC this week, if you replace Novochuk with Coronavirus, and the reluctance of certain members of society to do as they are asked for the good of the community, the similarities are amazing.

On 10/06/2020 at 13:08, Exiled Townie said:

Das Boot, series one was brilliant.  Hope series 2 is just as good. I have never ever binged watched a series before, but I just might with this one.

Didn't binge watch , but watched one episode every evening. Absolutely brilliant series, no wonder it was called 'Tv for dads'. Couldn't fault the acting or the story, it grabbed you and held you for 60 minutes. Watched the last episode last night, and later on I found myself trying to work out who was dead, who was alive and who we thought was dead but could still be alive. Please let there be a series 3. 

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

just come in from a good walk to be greeted by the clapped out tired and now tedious question of sport, walked in to see tuffers doing his stupid persona of some over exited crackerjack presenter playing it up to 10 year olds - pack it in bbc

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 2 weeks later...

some of these "talking heads" are rubbish- not the writing but the pointless re filming of them - like trying to make new star wars movies and expect them to as good as the originals

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Football's restarted and I'm fed up of it already.

Is your remote broken again?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I saw a TV on ebay with a broken remote, I had to buy it. I just couldn't turn it down. 

No.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 27/06/2020 at 20:14, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Been watching Life on Mars today, didn't watch it when it was first on but was just trawling through iplayer and saw it so thought I'd give it a go. Only watched a couple so far but really enjoying it! 

Gene Hunt- "Drop it! You are surrounded by armed bast*rds!" Love it! ?

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Marvellous is on BBC2 at Nine O`Clock tonight , anybody who hasn`t seen it tune in , it is an absolute Classic .

I watched that last night, never seen it before. I really enjoyed it. I liked the scenes with the real Neil Baldwin alonsgide Toby Jones playing him in the film, as a reminder this fantastical story is actually true, otherwise you'd never believe it. I blubbed when his mum died n'all. 

• Like 1

O2 are offering free Disney plus for 6 months and £5.99 after that (you can cancel anytime).  Thats a pretty good deal if you are on O2!

Hamilton or Star wars first?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just got thru 6 hours of   GOMMORRAH,    brilliant . thought it would be hard work with sub titles but am hooked.10 outa 10 from me all day long.  back to it.

On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 21:04, graveyard johnny said:

some of these "talking heads" are rubbish- not the writing but the pointless re filming of them - like trying to make new star wars movies and expect them to as good as the originals

Talking Heads is just so good. I've seen all of them recently except the Martin Freeman one. I'll watch on the I player. Looking forward to the last one in half an hour.I saw them all in the original series and the new ones are just as good .

Edited by bazzzz65