The TV Thread

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Excellent news! I've got all the episodes on DVD but as I've discovered with Doctor Who, it is so much easier to watch them on Britbox without all the faff of swapping discs. It's fast becoming my favourite streaming service, absolute TV nostalgia heaven. I've started watching The Prisoner, which I've never seen, and for those mourning the loss of Diana Rigg today, they've just added a load of episodes of The Avengers too.

It’s a good service for content but I think the app is a bit clunky / slow for browsing compared to the likes of Now Tv & Netflix 

Enjoy the prisoner. “I am not a number I’m a free man!“

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It’s a good service for content but I think the app is a bit clunky / slow for browsing compared to the likes of Now Tv & Netflix 

It’s an abysmal app. Easily the worst of the TV streamers. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

7 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The clunkiness is part of its charm. Like most of the shows that are on there! 😁

The content is pure gold though.

• Haha 1

Blake's 7  eh?

Avon " As far as I'm concerned Blake you can destroy whatever you like, you can stir up a thousand revolutions,  you can wade in blood up to your armpits, and you can lead the rabble to victory whatever that may mean so long as there is an end to it"

Yes I'm a fan!!😍

Edited by HawkMan

So what is the real reason that Premier Sports are not showing any of their back catalogue? They are showing cricket from 2012 in the West Indies, but can't be bothered to broadcast any of their back catalogue,  unless their wrists have been strapped by the great god SKY

the one show is just a vehicle for the talentless to promote and peddle their latest - "^^^^ITE-  tonite i only watched to see how long it took for zoe ball to either say the words exited or exiting - think it was in the 1st sentence, had to google who jermaine jenas was- blue peter? boy band? reality star? no a football player apparently 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

So what is the real reason that Premier Sports are not showing any of their back catalogue? They are showing cricket from 2012 in the West Indies, but can't be bothered to broadcast any of their back catalogue,  unless their wrists have been strapped by the great god SKY

Just because a channel broadcasts something does not mean it then owns the rights forever. That's if they even keep hold of the master footage.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

had to google who jermaine jenas was

Big fan of people who think their ignorance is noble.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Big fan of people who think their ignorance is noble.

dont watch football hardly so am not very likely to know every bland characterless modern football player of the past 10 years

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

dont watch football hardly so am not very likely to know every bland characterless modern football player of the past 10 years

Jenas started his professional career nearly 20 years ago. 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Jenas started his professional career nearly 20 years ago. 😝

To be fair, and I’m certainly not boasting about it, I don’t think I could name a current starting player in the England football team. It’s not one of those snobbish things, I just can’t abide football and will change channel if it’s on.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

To be fair, and I’m certainly not boasting about it, I don’t think I could name a current starting player in the England football team. It’s not one of those snobbish things, I just can’t abide football and will change channel if it’s on.

Fair enough, but Jenas has been broadcasting for several years, and not just on Football. I think Graveyard Johnny's just narked because Stan Mortensen didn't get the gig presenting 'Homes under the Hammer', what with him being dead and that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I love Mozart & Strauss, Vaughn William's is amazing, Sibelius has his place, maybe not tonight with a Finnish Composer in her pajamas. 

The Finnish conductor in her pyjamas was one of many fine things about the Last Night. Given the restrictions that was a really top drawer evening. Nice to actually hear some of the later-in-the-performance music for a change as well.

Also, why do the presenters on ITV Racing, and people at the race courses think they are exempt from social distancing, an wearing of masks? I hope they cross infect themselves. Then there will be no racing again, like after March infected 90% of race goers.

5 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Quite enjoyed it myself . Only got into a lot of Classical Music through The Nice and ELP , Keith Emerson seemed to always find the ones you could Rock Up , and then it lead you to listening to the originals .

You can catch Golda Schultz at a Wigmore Hall concert next month.

All Creatures great and small had a bittersweet pleasure in episode 2, with Diana Rigg playing the appalling Mrs Pumphrey. This show is hitting the same market as ITV's The Durrells, and not just because it shares a cast member in Calum Woodhouse.

And it is hitting that family viewing market because it is good enough on its own merits, as well as being a shot of comforting nostalgia.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

All Creatures great and small had a bittersweet pleasure in episode 2, with Diana Rigg playing the appalling Mrs Pumphrey. This show is hitting the same market as ITV's The Durrells, and not just because it shares a cast member in Calum Woodhouse.

And it is hitting that family viewing market because it is good enough on its own merits, as well as being a shot of comforting nostalgia.

Tristan is looking like he could become quite annoying though . Peter Davison was a likeable layabout