The TV Thread

Just caught this Bay filmed in morecambe and its decent, also managed to get into the bridge after a couple goes and its catching.

Hrad work finding things to get stuck into, i dont understand why so many discovery programs have someone banging hell out of the drums all way thru, or switching to some muppet a few times telling us in detail waving arms about what we have just see anyway.

19 minutes ago, silverback said:

Just caught this Bay filmed in morecambe and its decent, also managed to get into the bridge after a couple goes and its catching.

Hrad work finding things to get stuck into, i dont understand why so many discovery programs have someone banging hell out of the drums all way thru, or switching to some muppet a few times telling us in detail waving arms about what we have just see anyway.

Rob Bell is the worst for that , talking as if he is telling a bedtime story to a 3 year old.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I’m having a Jimmy Nail fest. Watched all 4 series of Auf Wiedersehen Pet, then both series of Crocodile Shoes and am now up to Series 3 of Spender.

And tomorrow, when you step out of your front door, every man you see will look incredibly handsome.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

I got giddy but I realised it'll be a while off yet.

Well, it is healthy to have something to look forward to in the current circumstances.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Obviously advertisers think people who watch telly during the day are all old , ill or on the brink of death . Endless adverts for motability scooters , stairlifts , funeral plans , wills and of course old celebs earning coin from sun life insurance . But over the last year just about everyone has been at home , so that looks a bit incongruous now . As if watching telly content wasn’t depressing enough! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Obviously advertisers think people who watch telly during the day are all old , ill or on the brink of death . Endless adverts for motability scooters , stairlifts , funeral plans , wills and of course old celebs earning coin from sun life insurance . But over the last year just about everyone has been at home , so that looks a bit incongruous now . As if watching telly content wasn’t depressing enough! 

Nobody is spending any money on advertising. Most of the adverts I see when I watch Sky Sports or BT Sport are for Sky Sports and BT Sport.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

47 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Must say I've thought the same thing, surely advertisers have got a bit of a captive audience at the moment, perfect opportunity to sell some unnecessary, mass-produced, capitalist goods! 

Wandavision layered more onto the story.  Really liking it.  A few nice throwbacks to the Avengers film series too.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Netflix has one of its latest and best films - The Dig starring Ralph Fiennes and Carey Mulligan.

Set in 1938 at the time leading to the excavation of Sutton Hoo on Edith Pretty’s land, it’s not only about the dig, but also the relationships of those involved. It’s beautifully filmed and acted, especially the leads. (Carey’s performance as Sally Sparrow in the Dr Who episode “Blink” in 2007 is etched in my time line!)

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Netflix has one of its latest and best films - The Dig starring Ralph Fiennes and Carey Mulligan.

Set in 1938 at the time leading to the excavation of Sutton Hoo on Edith Pretty’s land, it’s not only about the dig, but also the relationships of those involved. It’s beautifully filmed and acted, especially the leads. (Carey’s performance as Sally Sparrow in the Dr Who episode “Blink” in 2007 is etched in my time line!)

Yeah I've heard that's good. I've always liked Carey Mulligan ever since I saw her in the crime film 'Drive', one of my favourites of that genre. 

Looks like Talking Pictures TV is gunning for that classic Saturday morning serial feel. This is for the 6th of February.

EtFlB_aXcAIY-UU?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Looks like Talking Pictures TV is gunning for that classic Saturday morning serial feel. This is for the 6th of February.

EtFlB_aXcAIY-UU?format=jpg&name=small

I may have to put Flash Gordon on a series record. Used to love that as a kid. If only champion the wonder horse was on after it. 

• Like 3

Just now, bobbruce said:

I may have to put Flash Gordon on a series record. Used to love that as a kid. If only champion the wonder horse was on after it. 

Email TPTV - they have an ever-growing list of requests, but the stumbling block is always licencing. If Champion the Wonder Horse is easy to get the rights to, it could get shown some time soon. That they've got Zorro, Flash Gordon etc. suggests that old serials may be do-able.

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 hours ago, glemiln said:

Decent review from Will Gompertz.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55844207