The TV Thread

1 hour ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I've started watching, again, a brilliant documentary series " The Vietnam War" . I've copy/pasted an info snip......

The Vietnam War is a ten-part series that provides an in-depth account of one of the most controversial wars the United States has ever executed. Produced by legendary filmmakers Ken Burns and Lynn Novick, the series brings to light stories that are rarely heard on this subject. People from both sides of the war are interviewed, offering a new complex account of the conflict that had a devastating impact.

1st broadcast on BBC4 here, it was aired in 2017. It is unfortunately not on iplayer at the moment, but I am sure it will be rebroadcast in the same way "World At War" has been.

However it is currently available online.  I am watching via a website called  watchdocumentaries.com .

Just had a little nosey through that website, looks like they've got some good stuff on there, think I'll give the 15 part history of Britain documentary a go. 

2 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I am watching via a website called  watchdocumentaries.com

Thanks for pointing us in the direction of this site.

https://watchdocumentaries.com/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This Sporting Life is on Talking Pictures TV tonight, starting at 11:25pm.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 31/01/2021 at 22:46, silverback said:

ABC minors on a saturday morning showed most a them,plus woody woodpecker show.good old days for sure with some penny buns thrown in.

oh the days when tv programmes would run late or early or over run and the broadcaster would fill out the time with a loony tunes cartoon or 2 - imagine that in the digital age

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

oh the days when tv programmes would run late or early or over run and the broadcaster would fill out the time with a loony tunes cartoon or 2 - imagine that in the digital age

yep,have always said they should run some zoro for half an hour at picture house before film starts,better than the naff adverts with wannabe celebs.better still steptoe n son..

12 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

All 26 episodes available on YouTube 

OMG, soon as it started, I sang along to the theme tune.  What was it about the theme songs to the 1950/60's tv shows that are so memorable ?

• Like 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

If anyone missed it, it will be on again at 8:05am tomorrow morning.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Right now on Sky Arts (FreeView channel 11), AC/DC's Brian Johnson interviews Dolly Parton. An interesting combination. Good fun, too.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 06/11/2020 at 16:10, Bleep1673 said:

Quiz shows? I'm glad Victoria Coren-Mitchells cleavage is back on our screens. Only Connect me with that please. I have even stopped paying attention to the questions.

there were some huge bingo wings on display too tonight

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Currently watching 'The Great' on Sky. It's a comedic drama about the rise of Catherine the Great ( the gorgeous Elle Fanning ) from court outsider to the longest-reigning female ruler in Russia's history. The series is fictionalized and portrays Catherine in her youth and her marriage to Tzar Peter, played as a depraved, dangerous and total loony by the excellent Nicholas Hoult. 

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zEdwcXWmg4

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

2 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Currently watching 'The Great' on Sky. It's a comedic drama about the rise of Catherine the Great ( the gorgeous Elle Fanning ) from court outsider to the longest-reigning female ruler in Russia's history. The series is fictionalized and portrays Catherine in her youth and her marriage to Tzar Peter, played as a depraved, dangerous and total loony by the excellent Nicholas Hoult. 

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zEdwcXWmg4

Necrophilia featured in last sundays episode , along with the '' fitting '' of the lemon top birth control. 🙂

Bonkers , but IMO the funniest historical comedy drama ever made.

On 04/02/2021 at 23:07, Exiled Townie said:

OMG, soon as it started, I sang along to the theme tune.  What was it about the theme songs to the 1950/60's tv shows that are so memorable ?

So, so many memorable tunes that I can remember and also remember most of the words.

Used to love watching the BBC during the morning when on school holidays, especially the programs before the Test Match started - what a great intro that had - when you could sing or hum along to The Flashing Blade, Robinson Crusoe, White Horses and The Aeronauts.

58 minutes ago, Moose said:

Have you ever been suspicious that the questions asked on celebrity episodes of quiz shows are easier than normal.

A question on today’s Celebrity Tipping Point

Which large animal can suffer from ‘floppy trunk syndrome’ 🤔

I certainly do have these suspicions quite often. I also notice how the chasers seem to be a bit off their game on celebrity editions but slaughter ordinary contestants. Also I can't help noticing how the jackpot is won almost everytime on celebrity quiz shows. 

5 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I certainly do have these suspicions quite often. I also notice how the chasers seem to be a bit off their game on celebrity editions but slaughter ordinary contestants. Also I can't help noticing how the jackpot is won almost everytime on celebrity quiz shows. 

Maybe but with the money going to charities who cares?

57 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Don't think its like that on Pointless.