The TV Thread

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

again - ok - but far off their best - why didn't they just shoot or poison him in the first place instead of going to all that trouble?

They needed the body of a non-political shooter with a convenient back story of a tragic personal obsession, who then "turned the gun on himself".

The big inconsistency would be the bullet hole in the window, which was shot inwards, rather than outwards. But I assume the forensics team would be in on the plot.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

wifes away with the girls till tues - telly unplugged - apart from the semis - rest of time catching up with some old tunes 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

The series finale of Motherland followed by Inside No.9. A good hour's viewing, with the latter conjuring up a feel of British pre-Hammer horror movies, with a touch of Tales of the Unexpected in the mix too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just found a DVD box set I haven't watched in a while, under a pile of other stuff.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Clarkson's Farm is, in my opinion, brilliant TV. Funny, entertaining and educational. Even my wife enjoyed it and she can't stand Clarkson. Kaleb and Gerald are a joy to watch. 😀

PS If you say you can understand what Gerald says, I don't believe you. 🤣

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

• 2 weeks later...

what a con! tuned in to calendar tonight to see christa ackroyds last show - when i put itv+1 on later she was already back doing calender again! what a swizz!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

The Americans had three attempts at remaking Fawlty Towers. All failed. This is Snavely from 1978, starring Harvey Korman.

You can see how they took jokes and situations from the original... then messed them up, when they could have just copied them.

And, instead of the Major, they had a character they could use for a running joke about sexual assault.

Baffling and awful.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've discovered that the first 14 episodes of Sharpe are on uktv play. I know what I'm doing for the next few days! 

I too have been watching them. I own the box set of DVD's and  so I have watched them over and over. This despite the fact that Cornwell pinched Richard Sharpes name from a rugby union international.

I remember seeing  Cornwell talking about Sean Bean in the role that he himself pictures Bean in his minds eye when writing of Sharpe.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

I too have been watching them. I own the box set of DVD's and  so I have watched them over and over. This despite the fact that Cornwell pinched Richard Sharpes name from a rugby union international.

I remember seeing  Cornwell talking about Sean Bean in the role that he himself pictures Bean in his minds eye when writing of Sharpe.

Yeah I read an interview with Cornwell where he said that he liked Sean Bean so much in the role that he actually changed Sharpe's back story to accommodate Bean being Northern. I haven't read the novels myself but it was something like, in the earlier ones Cornwell says Sharpe is from London but in the later ones he adds the detail that he moved up North when he was a young kid and that is why he has a northern accent. Something like that anyway. I have to say that is a major compliment for Sean Bean to have so much influence on the author like that. 

17 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've discovered that the first 14 episodes of Sharpe are on uktv play. I know what I'm doing for the next few days! 

Brilliant … and was my dads favourite programme , as evidenced by endless quotes from them !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Brilliant … and was my dads favourite programme , as evidenced by endless quotes from them !

Yep, some great lines in it. A good one, Sharpe asks to borrow a lockpick off one of his men, 

"Will I get it back sir?" 

"trust me" 

"it's quite hard to trust a man who wants to borrow a lockpick sir". 🤣

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yep, some great lines in it. A good one, Sharpe asks to borrow a lockpick off one of his men, 

"Will I get it back sir?" 

"trust me" 

"it's quite hard to trust a man who wants to borrow a lockpick sir". 🤣

How dare you Sharpe , do you know who i am !?

No but i know what you are