The TV Thread

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Just finished the Gavin and Stacy-a-thon and started Jonathan Creek ...magic!

I've never watched Gavin and Stacey, it's never appealed to me but I must say I have been considering it recently cos I'm looking for something new to start rather than watching the same sitcoms over and over again. I finished Porridge recently and just started One Foot in the Grave. 

9 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've never watched Gavin and Stacey, it's never appealed to me but I must say I have been considering it recently cos I'm looking for something new to start rather than watching the same sitcoms over and over again. I finished Porridge recently and just started One Foot in the Grave. 

Two Doors Down.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2021 at 08:17, JohnM said:

Yes indeed. Best for originals, repeats, loads of self-advertising. Or subscribe to Britbox (I haven't, since I don't have any to pay again for something I've already paid for)

In any case, ad breaks are good for old folk with weak bladders.🙂

I'm a big fan of Britbox.

Not just BBC stuff on there, loads of ITV classics too (without the ads), and some original shows like the new series of Spitting Image.

It's great for just dipping into something nostalgic and comforting.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

I'm a big fan of Britbox.

Not just BBC stuff on there, loads of ITV classics too (without the ads), and some original shows like the new series of Spitting Image.

It's great for just dipping into something nostalgic and comforting.

I've been considering Britbox, but haven't taken the plunge yet. Still, there's plenty I want to watch at Talking Pictures TV's new 'Encore' catch-up service.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just watched "Boycie in Belgrade" on Amazon Prime video. Seems Only Fools and Horses is hugely popular in Serbia and this is the story of John Challis's trip there. And yes, 500 people turned up to get their box sets autographed. Oddly engaging watch.

On 13/12/2021 at 22:21, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I was the same about Gav & Stace but it is one of the best written things I've seen in quite a while.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Watched on iPlayer from this Tuesday evening. 'Impasse', a tale of a petty dispute, starring Bernard Cribbins and Leslie Phillips.

Ignore the picture on the page this link takes you to - not connected to the actual programme: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0012kw1

Written by Galton & Simpson.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thomas the Tank Engine, but with George Carlin instead of Ringo Starr (NSFW).

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

29 minutes ago, CornwallRL said:

Can anybody help please?

About 10 years ago there was a Comedy drama about a werewolf & a vampire, and someone else house sharing. Can anybody give me the title?

being human? maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

being human? maybe?

I think Johnny's got it in one. 

MV5BMTc0NjEzMTAyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Josef K said:

With it being Christmas id have thought the BBC would have put on KYTV’s Christmas classic “The Making Of Martin Chizzlenut”. The majority of people i know have never heard of the show. 
i must put my Capon. 

To be honest, as a long-time fan of Radio 4's Radio Active, the TV adaptation that was KYTV never quite hit the same heights as the original.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 hours ago, Futtocks said:

To be honest, as a long-time fan of Radio 4's Radio Active, the TV adaptation that was KYTV never quite hit the same heights as the original.

No i don’t think they’re either. Count Arthur Strong is another example, they should be left alone. 

29 minutes ago, Josef K said:

No i don’t think they’re either. Count Arthur Strong is another example, they should be left alone. 

There was a programme on BBC4 the other night, about BBC Radio shows that made a successful transition to TV, plus a couple that didn't.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There was a programme on BBC4 the other night, about BBC Radio shows that made a successful transition to TV, plus a couple that didn't.

radio 2s dreadful steve wright tried to make the transition from radio to tv - it was a disaster- since then he has been stealing a living  doing exactly the same show day in day out month in month out year in year out to an audience who must be brain dead - i mean would they even notice if he just broadcast a random repeat show from 2010?- i doubt it

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

21 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I enjoyed “Down The Line” on Radio 4, and i enjoyed it when it went on tv as “Bellamy’s People”. 

On 17/12/2021 at 22:23, Josef K said:

I enjoyed “Down The Line” on Radio 4, and i enjoyed it when it went on tv as “Bellamy’s People”. 

Mr Khan was effing hilarious on DTL but less so on TV. They removed most of the edgy (ie funny) stuff. 

‘The Nugget’ was also a great one