The TV Thread

Started watching Generation Kill again, after Fruity Rudy turned up on Who Dares Wins…..

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 07/04/2022 at 19:40, DavidM said:

The House of Maxwell BBC2 . Very interesting . 

Indeed it has been very interesting.  What a loathsome collection of shithouses the prominent members of that family are.

I feel repulsed by ghislaine and her brothers attempts at minimising or denying her vile behaviour.

I do not feel any sense of sorrow for her plight or even the lost life of Epstein.

I just wish she had given evidence implicating others she facilitated such abhorrent trafficking for.

A horrible but compelling watch.

Edited by Robin Evans

A message just in from a friend from New York after watching the Jimmy Savile thing on Netflix:

"WTF England, WTF. Was everyone either a pedophile or covering up for one in the 80s in England?"

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, ckn said:

A message just in from a friend from New York after watching the Jimmy Savile thing on Netflix:

"WTF England, WTF. Was everyone either a pedophile or covering up for one in the 80s in England?"

Not just the 80s mate.... I live in Rotherham..... it was horrific in this sheeithole of a Borough.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Unlike America …

If im honest I don't care about anywhere else. Me and my grandkids like in the uk. An absolute cesspit where child abusers have seemingly had free reign to abuse. My hometown being a vile example.

Abusers hiding behind authorities reluctance to investigate. Senior public figures allowed to perpetrate their offending paedophilia with impunity protected by an organisation too focussed on ratings and image than protecting the innocents.

I'd love to know the full story on the N Wales children's home scandal.

The uk is rank when it comes to protecting children. I'm not going into any ###### for tat comment with residents of anywhere else. We have our own house to get well and truly in order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

If im honest I don't care about anywhere else. Me and my grandkids like in the uk. An absolute cesspit where child abusers have seemingly had free reign to abuse. My hometown being a vile example.

Abusers hiding behind authorities reluctance to investigate. Senior public figures allowed to perpetrate their offending paedophilia with impunity protected by an organisation too focussed on ratings and image than protecting the innocents.

I'd love to know the full story on the N Wales children's home scandal.

The uk is rank when it comes to protecting children. I'm not going into any ###### for tat comment with residents of anywhere else. We have our own house to get well and truly in order.

Indeed

7 hours ago, ckn said:

I hope your first response was to correct their spelling of "paedophile".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I hope your first response was to correct their spelling of "paedophile".

He’s one of those weird colonials. I feel sorry for them, unable to spoke proper England. It’s not right to mock the afflicted, so I tend to patronise them gently and let them get on with their lives. 😉 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

34 minutes ago, ckn said:

He’s one of those weird colonials. I feel sorry for them, unable to spoke proper England. It’s not right to mock the afflicted, so I tend to patronise them gently and let them get on with their lives. 😉 

I was on a cruise.... (I doubt I'll do another)... but anyhow, I got "adopted" by two ex-military colonials. They did have a very odd view on the world. Nice fellas and weren't the stereotypical trump supporters I assumed them to be, but.... they were loud and most odd in their outlook

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 09:25, glemiln said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00156bp

If you are into French films (with subtitles) “La Belle Époque” is not to be missed, but you have 1 month only to view.

An ingenious film of a disillusioned 60+ whose marriage is on the rocks, who opts to relive the week of his life when, 40 years earlier, he met his true love.  A poignant and fun story with sublime acting and direction.

🤞👍

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 minutes ago, Route66 said:

And far superior than the awful Hullraisers which followed it

I watched Derry Girls on catch up so didn't treat myself to that wonderful offering (sarcasm (the adverts for it were enough to make me want to slit my wrists)).

Still got Born Slippy in my head this morning! One of the best parts of Derry Girls is the soundtrack. Who'd have thought a Goodfellas parody and a bit of Welsh eurodance would work so well together?! 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I watched Derry Girls on catch up so didn't treat myself to that wonderful offering (sarcasm (the adverts for it were enough to make me want to slit my wrists)).

Still got Born Slippy in my head this morning! One of the best parts of Derry Girls is the soundtrack. Who'd have thought a Goodfellas parody and a bit of Welsh eurodance would work so well together?! 😂

Having had the dubious honour of being taught by nuns at infant and junior school level, sister michael is a fantastic interpretation ,also love uncle colm ( I know a few of those)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

Having had the dubious honour of being taught by nuns at infant and junior school level, sister michael is a fantastic interpretation ,also love uncle colm ( I know a few of those)

Uncle Colm is brilliant, I too have known a number of people like that. When I say number I mean approximately 17, although maybe 18, but you might be able to count a man called Pete from Brid. Now when I say Pete I of course mean Peter and by Peter I mean his name is Peter and Pete is only short for Peter. Now by Brid I mean Bridlington which is a town on the Yorkshire coast, of course it is the East Yorkshire coast not the North Yorkshire coast and its important to make that distinction because they are different counties. When you talk about counties its important to make the distinction between modern administrative council districts and ceremonial counties. Of course there isn't a ceremony when you talk about these counties and it's more a word used to talk about historical counties. When you talk about it though it is more of a discussion or debate if you will. Now Peter is also known as Fat Pete but like I say his name is Peter and he's from Bridlington. Calling him Fat though is only a nickname because Fat Pete isn't actually massively fat in comparison to some other fat people. Back in Hull there was a gentleman called George who was really fat, at least twice the size of Fat Pete or Peter, though I tell a lie, George was more like 2.374 times fatter than Fat Pete. I should just qualify my use of the word gentleman in relation to George who really wasn't a gentleman and was actually a bit of a penis. He wasn't an actual penis though, he was really just a human man although I never saw any evidence as such to prove that despite standing next to him in the urinals a number of times I never felt obliged to actually inspect Fatter George's equipment. By equipment I mean his penis and not something else like sporting equipment. Talking about fatter George and sport, he was a very accomplished amateur rugby league playe, playing for West Hull ARLFC...... 

Jesus christ, once you start talking like that it is sodding hard to stop! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Route66 said:

And far superior than the awful Hullraisers which followed it

I enjoyed it very much. Laughed out loud at "Family Day" at Silver Cod (and a couple of other moments) but it probably helps if you grew up a few minutes walk away from that particular pub.

Will catch up with the excellent Derry Girls at some point I don't doubt.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

16 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Derry Girls, as brilliant as ever! Nice surprise when Liam Neeson suddenly popped up! 😂

Just started watching series 1, loving it. just watched the exchange episode.

Great sound track.

Just never got round to it before for some reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Just started watching series 1, loving it. just watched the exchange episode.

Great sound track.

Just never got round to it before for some reason.

Is that the one with the "Children of Chernobyl", where Erin says she has to warn James that the "Russian" is a prostitute because she has condoms which she doesn't even reckon are legal in Derry? 😂

Quite right, soundtrack is brilliant, one of the best things about it! 👍

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose