The TV Thread

3 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Cunk On Earth is one of the funniest things I’ve seen this year.

The first series was very funny . I found the first episode here a pretty substandard rehash tbh and a lot less funny . 

• Like 1

'Andor' on Disney.  The show that all the other Star Wars spin offs should have been.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Very late to the party but I have been catching up with Brassic.  Really enjoyed it, plus keep spotting filming locations.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

7 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

pointless had become stale and boring years ago - now the barmaid from the rovers is on it - it really needs putting out of its misery 

Pointless Celebrities is shirley the most apt title ever , unless you know better.😑

On House of Games they have a round where the celebrities are asked to spell words the question writers think are tricky to spell. This has tonight descended to them asking for the contestant to spell Wednesday. This is something I learnt when I was about 4 years old. Is the general populous' intelligent dropping to the level where it is considered tricky for adults to spell days of the week?! 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

. Is the general populous' intelligent dropping to the level where it is considered tricky for adults to spell days of the week?! 

Daze of the weak - did i pass?

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I’ll unashamedly say I love the new incarnation of All Creatures Great and Small . Last week was particularly poignant 

I've missed this series, so I'll have to catch up. However, from previous shows, I like it. James is a bit of a wet blanket most of the time, but both Farnons are well-portrayed, especially Siegfried. It's a different take from Robert Hardy's famous version, but just as irrepressible and impossible to reason with.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 05/10/2022 at 06:53, bobbruce said:

Watched the first couple of episodes of Monster The Jeffrey Dahmer Story last night. Only meant to watch one but couldn’t turn it off. 

Connected to that this tickled me. 

C850FD77-3634-48B7-B42E-8EE443F2948E.jpeg

• Haha 2

I’m sure I’m not imagining this , but Antiques Roadshow seems to have background noise that goes round and round in a loop …. And its the same noise that was used when Test cricket returned behind closed doors . The ‘ haaa ha ha ha ‘ or something every few seconds is beyond distracting when you hear it . 

I watched Ken Burns : Civil War yesterday. I have seen it before, but i find it so interesting and the narrator really helps.
I don’t know who the narrator is but he has a cracking voice. 
It’s also a good series if you want to have a quiet day and keep visitors away. I just tell the kids/grandkids “i am watching the American Civil War” and they avoid me as if i have Covid. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

I watched Ken Burns : Civil War yesterday. I have seen it before, but i find it so interesting and the narrator really helps.
I don’t know who the narrator is but he has a cracking voice. 
It’s also a good series if you want to have a quiet day and keep visitors away. I just tell the kids/grandkids “i am watching the American Civil War” and they avoid me as if i have Covid. 

This is the narrator: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0567184/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

about 10 years ago Bradley Walsh turned up again like an old friend that you vaguely knew and quite liked from the past - but now he has become that re acutance that takes advantage of your hospitality - now in your living room every time you turn round and even wearing your slippers 

• Like 1

mainstream ITV  viewing at peak time now  = 2 and a half hours dedicated to a women's football match that was only a friendly - lazy - pathetic - insulting scheduling 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

mainstream ITV  viewing at peak time now  = 2 and a half hours dedicated to a women's football match that was only a friendly - lazy - pathetic - insulting scheduling 

Fantastic, wasn't it?

But, it's a shame your TV has only one channel, or else you'd have found out that not only was there women's football on ITV but, *at the exact same time*, there was also live women's football on BBC 2 Wales, BBC Alba *and* the BBC Red Button.

It was quite a challenge watching all that whilst also keeping up with London Lions basketball on YouTube but I think I managed it pretty well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)