The TV Thread

On 11/10/2022 at 06:38, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I found out yesterday that a Detectorists, 75 minute special is coming out later this year! Can't wait to find out what the DMDC have been up to these past 5 years! 😁

i missed this first time round, only caught up with it a few months back, really grabbed me big time, hooked for sure and a great bit a tv, 2 new garretts/300ace and a 400i,pointers/diggers,testing gear and electrosis kit, anyone who aint seen this is missing some fantastic tv and the chance to do the same yourself, fresh air,long walks and bits a treasure too after many bottle tops, found 2 bullets,a 1894 farthing 1902 penny,an old corgi van, great hobby for sure.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, silverback said:

i missed this first time round, only caught up with it a few months back, really grabbed me big time, hooked for sure and a great bit a tv, 2 new garretts/300ace and a 400i,pointers/diggers,testing gear and electrosis kit, anyone who aint seen this is missing some fantastic tv and the chance to do the same yourself, fresh air,long walks and bits a treasure too after many bottle tops, found 2 bullets,a 1894 farthing 1902 penny,an old corgi van, great hobby for sure.

I first watched it after someone recommended it to me a few years back and I finally got round to it during the first lockdown. In the last two years I've watched it through 3 times and currently halfway through a 4th watch through. One of my all time favourite shows if not my favourite. Just a really pleasant and simple programme which is what you want sometimes. 

• Like 2

I loved both series of Detectorists, but was less keen on their 2015 Christmas special. Just the opening notes of the theme tune put me in a relaxed mood.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I loved both series of Detectorists, but was less keen on their 2015 Christmas special. Just the opening notes of the theme tune put me in a relaxed mood.

When you say both series I presume you're referring to the first 2 series because there was a 3rd series in 2017 as well. 

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

When you say both series I presume you're referring to the first 2 series because there was a 3rd series in 2017 as well. 

Oops, yes! Watched them all.

Slightly worried that with things concluding as they did at the end of series three, where will they take the story?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Slightly worried that with things concluding as they did at the end of series three, where will they take the story?

They might have fun in the land around the auction bought house,

https://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=142756

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I am very much wondering this. There has been next to nothing said about what it's gonna be about, only really that MacKenzie Crook has had an idea for a while. 

So it ended with Andy and Becky buying the abandoned cottage, Toni moving in with Lance, and Andy and Lance finding the coins that the magpie had been hoarding. So I guess Andy will have done up the cottage with the money from the sale of the coins but don't know about much else.

I suppose the beauty of a simple series like this which is mainly just two blokes stood in a field is the special could also just be two blokes stood in a field and that would be great! 😁👍

2 hours ago, silverback said:

They might have fun in the land around the auction bought house,

https://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=142756

Could you give us the gist of the thread please? It says I have to register to view media and replies. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Could you give us the gist of the thread please? It says I have to register to view media and replies. 

A fella doing his kitchen up,detects under foundations and finds silver and gold coins worth £750.000.  

try ellerby gold coins find.  or log in to the forum one guy on his first outing finds biggest gold coin ever thats going to auction soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silverback said:

A fella doing his kitchen up,detects under foundations and finds silver and gold coins worth £750.000.  

try ellerby gold coins find.  or log in to the forum one guy on his first outing finds biggest gold coin ever thats going to auction soon.

Ah right yeah, I do remember reading about that actually. I think it was in the local rag because the coins belonged to a rich Hull merchant or something like that. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 21:38, graveyard johnny said:

mainstream ITV  viewing at peak time now  = 2 and a half hours dedicated to a women's football match that was only a friendly - lazy - pathetic - insulting scheduling 

I can’t think of anything i watch on ITV bar the EFL on Saturday evening. Soaps, quiz shows, reality Tv, is not my cup of tea. My granddaughter went to the england women’s match in Stoke johnny and she loved it, especially the atmosphere.

But she is coming to the Australia/Italy (i think it is) at Saints. Her dad said “she wants to see the NRL stars - (he makes her watch it). 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 16:46, silverback said:

I heard about those gold coins it’s amazing. When people find things like that i always wonder who the person was who put them there, or who the person was who buried gold in a field. 
I have only saw a few minutes of the Detectorists, so i think i’ll have to catch up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I have only saw a few minutes of the Detectorists, so i think i’ll have to catch up. 

Start from series 1, episode 1 and just relax into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday Night Live to return to Channel 4: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6983/return-of-friday-night-live/ 
It's a one-off show to celebrate C4's 40th anniversary.
Apparently, it will feature "the hottest new wave stand-ups and character comedians alongside some original show legends".
The return of Stavros, maybe?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 16/10/2022 at 13:05, Futtocks said:

The return of Stavros, maybe?

are you joking? the woke brigade would be straight on that one - Enfield, Whitehouse , Walliams, Lucas and the league of,,,, team wouldnt be able to make the harmless comedy they made 20 odd years ago nowadays - not a chance 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 17/10/2022 at 18:03, graveyard johnny said:

are you joking? the woke brigade would be straight on that one - Enfield, Whitehouse , Walliams, Lucas and the league of,,,, team wouldnt be able to make the harmless comedy they made 20 odd years ago nowadays - not a chance 

Enfield's got a programme on the BBC next week, I believe. The League of Gentlemen did a comeback special a couple oof years back.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)